Thread: Bruise on my arm!

Bruise on my arm!

Hi everyone - I woke up this morning and discovered a small round bruise on the inside of my forearm. If I were a rational person, I would just think that it's the result of banging it against something, however I have no recollection of doing this in the last few days and I'm beginning to freak out that I have some horrible disease! Is there anyone out there who can relate and make me see the rational and sensible side to this?

Re: Bruise on my arm!

You're totally fine. I do this ALL the time. I never remember bumping into things and always find bruises here or there. Sometimes it's little tiny things.

I was TERRIFIED in college that I had leukemia because I found loads of bruises on my legs in big patches like on the back of my calves ... so bad that people would ask me if I got hurt if I was wearing shorts or a skirt. I was so scared until I noticed when I was sitting at my desk that I kept swinging my legs and banging them into a bar across the legs of the chair ... not hard, but I had done it so often (I have short legs ... they didn't reach the ground so I swing them lol) that it was bruising me up! Not hard enough to remember hurting myself but enough to cause a lot of bruises. As soon as I was aware I stopped doing it and they went away.

I think you really are only supposed to worry if you have really large dark bruises consistently that are out of nowhere. And even I had really large areas of bruises that were nothing bad.

Thanks swgrl09 - that is reassuring..

Occasionally I get little bruises and I don't remember where they came from. I don't bruise easily, so I'm sure I must have bumped into something and just forgot about it. I don't think you need to worry at all over one bruise.

Bruising easily or for no apparent reason is also a side effect of some medications. My doctor once put me on a high dose of fish oil and within days I had bruises all over me! Needless to say I don't take that anymore. So even if you did have a lot of bruises, it could be something like that, not necessarily anything serious.

Oh my goodness it is such a relief to come on this website and find people who are exactly the same! I have been googling so much to a point where I just visit the same website over and over again and I panic if I haven't memorised something.

I have a weird colony of light brown bruises on my forearm and they are scaring me so much.. when I look at symptoms of diseases etc, it's almost like I convince myself I'm really tired even though when I forget about it, the symptom is completely gone!

Hi Seb,

Hope you're ok. I spotted your post and thought I'd let you know that this happens to me now and then. I don't bruise very easily but sometimes find small bruises, usually on my legs, and don't remember bumping myself. They always go after a few days.

I would say that it's nothing to be concerned about.

Pip (A) x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Pip and Happy Carrot!

Chat soon Pip...

S.

I was so scared until I noticed when I was sitting at my desk that I kept swinging my legs and banging them into a bar across the legs of the chair ... not hard, but I had done it so often (I have short legs ... they didn't reach the ground so I swing them lol) that it was bruising me up!

Thread Information