Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: increasing dosage from 20mg to 30 mg

increasing dosage from 20mg to 30 mg

no one answered my last post. some things have changed i am on 20 mg of fluoxetine. dr. says increase to 30 mg. which i did today. do you think i will have side effects and if so how soon after 1st increased dosage? please someone answer

Re: increasing dosage from 20mg to 30 mg

Hi Anne - how long were you on 20mg - going up to 10mg should not pose too many start up effects, if any.

I just started 10mg citalopram (Celexa) last night and have been told to go to 20mg on Sunday - so shall expect something - guess it depends how long you were on initial dose?

i started on 20 mgs 2/1/12. have had no side effects for the last 3-4 weeks thank you for answering

Hi Anne sure you will be fine with the increase - how are you finding them?

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

I found them brilliant - basically they changed my life was on 20mg for 15 years.

Hi Anne, I took 20mg Prozac for 4 weeks and then increased to 40mg, which I've taken for 3 weeks now, so 7 weeks in total on Prozac. I get increased anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, shaking etc when starting the 20mg but don't notice any difference in side effects increasing to 40mg. I understand that most people will notice side effects from 12 hours up to 3 weeks after increasing medsm but as said I haven't had any with this increase.
    Hope that helps
    Kind Regards
    Sam

thank you all for answering. will keep you posted.

Hi everyone,

I am glad I came across this thread I too am looking for advice on upping prozac. I have been on 20 mg prozac capsules for 17 years, I have felt that the last 18 months it hasnt been working as it was, the last 7 months have been particularly anxious for me, birth of first grandchild, death of my beloved dog, then my step dad died, and then numerous other small things that all add up to just make you not cope as well. Anyway, cut a long story short I saw my Dr this week because my anxiety has got so bad that I am back to being housebound at the moment, he and I agree rather than weaning off prozac and then changing to another AD we will up my prozac, because I have a phobia about meds I asked the Dr for the prozac dispersible tablets, that way I can cut in quarters or even eighths and start increasing by 2.5mg a day, my question is, do you think I would have any side effects by this small increase? Also has anyone tried the dispersible prozac?

Many thanks.

hi tricia, i have recently increased from 20 to 30 by taking 40 on 1 day and 20 the nexr. i had terrible side effects when starting on 20 but only tiredness and shakiness since increasing. i previously was on 40 but found these made me feel toi anxious.

hi everyone i have been on the 30 mg for 2 weeks now and have not noticed any side effects which i am greatful for. we shall see if this continues i take mine first thing in the morning don't know if this makes a difference or not will keep you posted

Hi Anne
    I started taking 20mg of flux last friday, got appointment for next week with thoughts that she will put them up to 40mg. I was going to ask what time everyone takes theirs? I take mine first thing in a morning with my brekkie. Fingers crossed for us all!
    Diane x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information