Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please help, I am so scared to take valium

Re: Please help, I am so scared to take valium

Im so glad I came to read this post, Ive been managing my anxiety for a while at home, outside is different story, and just recently became ill with IBS, my stomach is in knotts and my anxiety is constant all day long. I had the Dr out as Im agoraphobic and hes given me Diazepam 2mg to take , he only gave me 6 tablets though until Dr opens on Monday but I have a packet in the cupboard from before that I was afraid to take .. unfortunately they are 8 months out of date now so I was wondering if anyone knows if they would be ok, I read that they may lose a little potency but they are still safe to use, so far its only the Diazepam thats allowing me a little calm... sleep though is still only a couple hours even with the valium ..

2mg a day is a very low dose but if the doctor has actually seen you,you should be guided by what he/she said.
    The last effect is not more than 5 hours. I take a much stronger dose, usualy for emergencies and i find the trick is take the valium half an hour before you may feel anxious.Easier said than done especially if you are housebound .
    As far as taking the medication that is 8 months out of date, I would try and phone a local chemist or doctor if possible.I can't answer that question,but maybe others on here can.

Thank you ricardo,

yes its a very low dose, it doesnt quite take the edge off, it was an emergency call out and its all the Dr had with him.. I just took one now, its a lil relief but not much, stomach still in knotts :(

I personally wouldn't use the out of date ones, dates are on there for a reason and are indicative of safety with these kinds of things.

Just taken my first one. Doc prescribed me 5mg for emergencies although I've been very scared to take one. Just had a panic attack in my bedroom really bad so got out the packet. Was very scared! I decided to cut one in half incase I had a bad experience on it. I took it and panicked more for a bit but then the 30 minute mark kicked in and they worked. Bit of a life saver. I don't want to take more than one a week though!

Steer clear of valium!!! they are physically addictive!!! TELL not ask your Doctor you want a referal to your community mental health team for a mental health assessment. When you get to that point you will be under their care and be prescribed medication that a standard doctor cannot. I was prescribed valium following deaths in my family, after a year of increasing the dose because the body needs more and more they told me i was an addict and put me in rehab to come off them! when i came out my psychatrist put me on anti anxietys non -addictive. When i questioned why i was not prescribed at the start i was told it came down to cost!!!! Valium is cheaper to dish out than psychiactric prescribed non -addictive treatment!!! Unbelievable isn't it but very good to know. Keep it in mind, dont stand for what the doctors say, iv'e been there and done it!! Good luck X Try herbal remedies until you get your referal. Holland and Barrett Valerian root or Kalms or Bach Rescue remedy. They all work but DO NOT mix with valium, just throw them away!!!!
    Last edited by littlevoice70; 29-10-16 at 18:29.

the internet is full of horror stories about the evils of benzos.

if you can have the self discipline to take them only in "emergencies" then you'll just fine.

they have perfectly valid place in medicine or they wouldnt be prescribed. you've be prescribed them for emergencies. obviously you cant take them everyday or for very long as the doctor has advised you.

please don't listen to unqualified people on the internet telling you to throw your medicine away over your doctor (no offense intended littlevoice)

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

ermm I just noticed the date steve took his diazepam... why are you replying to such an old post?

I hope steve is better by now lol

Quote Originally Posted by littlevoice70 View Post
    Steer clear of valium!!! they are physically addictive!!! TELL not ask your Doctor you want a referal to your community mental health team for a mental health assessment. When you get to that point you will be under their care and be prescribed medication that a standard doctor cannot. I was prescribed valium following deaths in my family, after a year of increasing the dose because the body needs more and more they told me i was an addict and put me in rehab to come off them! when i came out my psychatrist put me on anti anxietys non -addictive. When i questioned why i was not prescribed at the start i was told it came down to cost!!!! Valium is cheaper to dish out than psychiactric prescribed non -addictive treatment!!! Unbelievable isn't it but very good to know. Keep it in mind, dont stand for what the doctors say, iv'e been there and done it!! Good luck X Try herbal remedies until you get your referal. Holland and Barrett Valerian root or Kalms or Bach Rescue remedy. They all work but DO NOT mix with valium, just throw them away!!!!
    Sorry to hear you have been through a rough time being messed about by GP's and the deaths you experience.

I think your psychiatrist is being economical with the truth though. Many generic forms of SSRI's like Cit & Sert are incredibly cheap. So cheap in fact that the NHS are making a profit out of the prescription charges!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information