Thread: Headaches, nausea and the pill

Headaches, nausea and the pill

Hi there

I was just put on the Microgynon 30 combined pill four days ago, and yesterday started feeling really sick and had a really bad headache all day. Today I decided not to take it which has made me feel a bit better but I don't know whether to continue taking the combined pill or take a different one. I don't see my doctor til Wednesday.

I was only taking the pill to regulate my periods for irregular bleeding that didn't stop for 6 months+ and this has completely stopped my bleeding but given the horrible side effects.. :(

whats best for me? any advice?

Re: Headaches, nausea and the pill

You have to give the pill a couple cycles for your body to get used to it. My first time on any combined pill i had those exact symptoms for the first couple weeks. After that I was fine. You just have to stick it out. After a few cycles if you aren;t better then you can talk to your doc about trying a different type of pill with different chemical makeup. There are tons to try.

Re: Headaches, nausea and the pill

Quote Originally Posted by LuSmith View Post
    Hi there

I was just put on the Microgynon 30 combined pill four days ago, and yesterday started feeling really sick and had a really bad headache all day. Today I decided not to take it which has made me feel a bit better but I don't know whether to continue taking the combined pill or take a different one. I don't see my doctor til Wednesday.

I was only taking the pill to regulate my periods for irregular bleeding that didn't stop for 6 months+ and this has completely stopped my bleeding but given the horrible side effects.. :(

whats best for me? any advice?
    Hi Lu

I was on the pill many many years ago but only for one year. I had trouble finding the right one but I remember strongly that Microgynon was the worst of the bunch - made me have blinding headaches and terrible depression - didn't really link it at the time but I do remember coming off it and feeling better. There are plenty of others - probably one more oestrogen based would be more suitable?

Sorry to sound negative - as have lost touch with them - husband had snip! Is there a nurse is the practice - who knows their stuff on family planning or a Family planning clinic - for whatever reason you need it for?

That is a very old contraceptive pill surely there are more modern/better ones?

Sorry I cannot be of more help

Laura

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

Cilest and Mercilon I have just read are both low in progesterone and oestrogen so that me worth a try.

I know, with working in a surgery, Cilest is very common?

Thread Information