Thread: Anxiety and Panic go hand-in-hand?

Anxiety and Panic go hand-in-hand?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anxiety and panic disorder go hand-in-hand. I think everyone is anxious from time to time but mine includes panic and I really hate the physical symptoms of a panic attack! Is there a medication that works best specifically for panic? Is anti-anxiety medication different from anti-depressants?

Thank you in advance. I appreciate any replies, any knowledge or experience you have.

Re: Anxiety and Panic go hand-in-hand?

I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder and for me they do go hand-in-hand. The constant anxiety fuels the panic attacks. My anxiety and panic subsided last year for quite some time and I was able to resume a semi 'normal' life, but, a series of problems arose in my life and it all came back.
    Years ago I took SSRI Citalapram, which does not work for me now, but I took it for 7-8 years and life was pretty good.
    Now I take Mirtazapine which also helps me sleep, as I suffer from insomnia aswell.
    It is not pertect, but better than the alternative, no medication.
    I think you should talk your symptoms over with your doctor so he/she can make an informed decision about your options.

BobbyDog

Re: Anxiety and Panic go hand-in-hand?

It seems Citalapram is commonly prescribed. My anxiety level goes up and down throughout the years. I'm at the age (25) where I have more responsibilities and I cannot ignore it anymore. I have to find help. Thank you for your reply.

Thread Information