Thread: Heart Palps

Heart Palps

Hi this is my first post. For about a 2 weeks now ive found out ive been suffering from Anxiety, I constantly find myself worrying about my health especially my heart. I have been to the doctors about 4 times in the last few weeks including today. Also have been to hospital twice last week both times for ECG's I am not sleeping properly due to my newborn son and have been told this could be a trigger of my anxiety. The reason for this post is to ask does anyone else find themselves suffering from what seems to be youre heart beating very fast, I feel my chest and it feels like its beating really fast...? I always think im going to have a heart attack, its really unsettling and distressing. I find that it worsens the more I think about it... is this normal? no matter how much reassurance I have especially from the ECG's I always find myself worrying its horrible I hate it. I also havent felt myself since all this happened... please get back to me on this asap

thanks, Craig

Re: Heart Palps

I think you will find that a LOT of us on here have this symptom. Try to have the re-assurance from the drs that you have been to. This is a very common symptom. I have had them for 4 1/2 years-still not used to it, but I keep trying to remind myself that I have had the tests, its common, etc. Easier said than done, I know. This is the main reason I come to NMP - seeking reassurance!

Hi. Have these too- having a bit of a bad time with them at the moment to be honest. You are not alone. There are lots of us on here who understand what you are going through.

Hi, I've had them for around 13 years now, had lts of ECG's recently too. They all came out fine. It is very common with anxiety, I also found another cause though, dehydration. Particularly from hangovers. With your newborn son I'm guessing you aren't partying much though! Make sure you drink lots of water, may not stop the palpitations but it will only do you good anyway.

Thread Information