Thread: help im in a bar

help im in a bar

So..im in a busy noisy pub with friends..nightmare..ive tried deep breathing and im still struggling..feel like just runninng out of here..any tips?!
    Aaarggh x

Re: help im in a bar

I press my hands when I panic! Not sure why it helps, but it does! Stay in there. The panic should pass soon, and you're doing so well.

Please remember you have a CHOICE my friend - whether to stay in there, take a break, or leave completely. It's all, actually, up to you

Why not take a break outside, get some fresh air and a bit of space, and accept that if you're out there and don't feel like going back in then you can just go home? Then see how you feel from there

I agree with above dont feel pressured, just take it calmly. I was in a shop and felt like this so had to tell myself ok right at this minute im ok, im managing il stay another minute and see how i am in that minute, if i go outside i will still have the feeling. Try and hang on

Thanks...i survived...just...i used to think alcohol would help relax me but last night it just seemed to make things worse...
    youre right i couldve just left...but when you have met with friends and youre all stood around drinking it's really hard just to up and leave!
    hell i have to get rid of this damn anxiety...
    sarah

Do your friends know of your anxiety? Im ok in pubs as long as they arent packed. I then get panicky as Ive recently become claustrophobic (No idea why). Anyway, it happened to me recently, and I just told my pals that there was no way I was going in that particular pub. I dont care if they think im a bit weird...i just wasnt prepared to go in. Is your anxiety over the amount of people rather than anything else? I find standing closer to the door makes things a bit more bearable, because you can get out of there if needs be.

Is it your friends or the place that is causing your symptoms.

Get up, go for a walk, make a pretend phone call, go for a fag, get some crisps, pop down the local shop. This is what I usually do. I tend to detach myself from the environment, water physically or psychologically.

Have you tried talking to your friends about how you feel?

Cool fresh air ,even rain. Nice slow deep breaths than go back in. Try not to let it win by making you go home.

Thread Information