Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do not ask for medical advice on NMP!!

Re: Do not ask for medical advice on NMP!!

Thank for your reply,Terry. I have always had vit, C take them daily,this is a bad flu I had a nose bleed last night and another this morning my bed looked like a crime scene.I bit the bullet and started the antibiotics so will see how they go.
    Last edited by Lola-Lee; 14-09-17 at 04:53. Reason: Bloody computer

I hope you feel better soon, Lola. If a woman is saying it's a bad flu then they would be calling a priest for us blokes if we had it

Antibiotics seem to take a couple of days to kick in but once they do you can notice a change quite quickly. If you get any bum side effects (like loose items of anal supportive furniture) yoghurt can help.

Lemon & honey things can help I believe. Lemon does with throat issues.

I have sucked on quite a few lemons but too no avail,same with honey soothers,these antibiotics better kick in soon, I need too get back on the job.Oh and I had blueberry yoghurt and jelly for dinner,got a pain in the gut.

According to the NHS for a very long time now GP's are struggling to cope with the demand of patients as well as the volumes of patients per surgery. My own surgery cancelled the early morning walk-in that had been running as far back as I can remember (I was going to them as a young child) citing the volume, difficulty in finding replacement GP's, etc.

And there has just been an article about doctors suffering from mental health problems due to the stresses of their jobs. Overwork being one of the issues.

Yet it always astounds me that members on NMP keep telling people to see doctors when the OP's have seen doctors already or nurses (I'm not talking about second opinions) and have no medical need to see anyone. Do people not realise they are only contributing to the strain on the NHS for what is an anxiety sufferer who needs reassurance?

I never judge any sufferer who may chase for reassurance from doctors but I do believe it is wrong when other members say to do it when it's obvious some are merely pushing the reassurance issues of repetitive posters onto struggling GP's, walk-ins, etc.

This contributes to why people with heath conditions can't get appointments as they go in the queue if they aren't considered urgent. There are implications to what appear to be free at the point of use visits and whilst the sufferer themselves may be seriously struggling to not do this others shouldn't be so free with a doctor's time in my opinion.

Just because someone is struggling with anxiety does not give us the right to waste the time of doctors because we want to stop it. Some want to help OP's and believe it may help but others should know better when we have histories of members who could go for 500 appointments and still not feel any better. It's irresponsible.

Go and see a doctor about the anxiety though, that is a given.

am i late...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information