Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do not ask for medical advice on NMP!!

Do not ask for medical advice on NMP!!

Just a reminder…………………………………….

There seems to be a lot of people that come on her looking for a medical diagnosis…… 99.9% of people on here are NOT medically trained and CAN NOT give you definitive advice on a medical matters.

There are many people who come post their test results and expect people to tell them what is wrong with them……this is certainly not fair on other members to be under pressure to ‘diagnose’ someone’s symptoms.

Even if we were medically trained, NO diagnosis can be made without knowing medical history and a personal appointment with your GP.

Also remember that no one other than a medical professional can give you a definitive answer on if you can take meds together……

we may all have advice from our past history and experience… but no one knows your personal medical history so please consult someone medical if you are worried.

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE TO THE ADVICE AND DIAGNOSIS GIVEN TO YOU BY A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL

The NHS is a wonderful resource if used properly….. We may complain about it sometimes but some countries in the world would love what we have in the UK, so use it!

Here is a quick reminder of a few useful websites and telephone numbers for the UK.........

http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/Pages/ServiceSearch.aspx - useful site to finding NHS resources in your area….

NHS Direct – 0845 4647

NHS 24 (Scotland) – 0845 4242424

NHS 111 - If you live in County Durham and Darlington, Lancashire (excluding West Lancashire), Lincolnshire, the London boroughs of Croydon and Hillingdon, Luton, North Derbyshire and Nottingham City, or on the Isle of Wight, you can now call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.

Last edited by venusbluejeans; 10-05-12 at 18:04.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Do not ask for medical advice on NMP!!

thankyou for a great post,
    but when i put a medical problem im not asking for anyone to diagnose me, just looking for friendly reassurance to snap me out of a panick,
    Some people have no one to turn to if its late at night and woken in a panic and NMP is a great sight to turn to to help rid of the panic even if its temperary. Unfortuanately Health anxiety is about medical problems and so this is what we fear and want to talk about. and know fulwell to get professional medical help in the appropriate situation x
    but again a very useful post x

What happens if someone tells someone that thier symptoms are just anxiety which a LOT of people do ..............which then 'reasures' the person but it then turns out the symptoms are 'real' and not just anx as they have been told.

It is those who ask directly if they have some sort of medical problem, or those who tell us thier test results and ask members what is wrong with them. So I am not talking about the people who seek reassurance but the people who directly ask for medical advice/diagnosis.
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 07-05-12 at 20:07.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Took ages for the doctor to diagnose me with anxiety( well they said I had stress and I suffered with panic attacks for another few months until gmtv told me what i had)
    but this post had to be put on here
    if you have symptoms get anything serious ruled out first

Ermm but Im not a health anxiety person, but the rest of the counties up ...
    Last edited by moirascott; 07-05-12 at 20:45. Reason: miss read

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Agreed. I always try to be careful in what I say, esp if it's chest pain-related, which should always be taken seriously.

Anxiety can be blamed on MANY things but not EVERYTHING.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Bumping up again

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I understand the need for support and reassurance and it is a wonderful site to look for answers, It has plenty of info on many topics around mental ,emotional and medical issues when you look at the topics but I always suggest you get the best help with anything you can because we all deserve it and it is for the best. So getting to se a professional is always the best for you. hugs

This web-site has helped me immensely and it's mainly because people are reassuring me and telling me it's all in my head...I believe our minds are extremely powerful and if the symptoms disappear which they often do then going back and fourth to the doctor can be quite distressing and that's why its great to have this place to ask questions (I don't agree with people putting their results up) but this is a very resourceful site that has a lot of people willing to help (some who may even be in the medical field) I was sad to read this abrupt and almost rude post as people use this site for reassurance and people with HA will take this as a "no-one here knows anything medical so don't ask" but isn't that what this site is for? People are going to Google it anyway and it's better to ask here, most people recommend going to the doctor but a lot of times, so many people are suffering the same symptoms which is why it's a great place to calm ourselves down and eventually our symptoms disappear and we forget about it....sorry I was just shocked at how this was written and think that some people might take this the wrong way.

I am sure that you didn't mean it to sound so abrupt venus, but it does, and so the message gets lost somewhere.
    Vx

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information