Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
One thing I think people should definitely NOT do here; and which is very WRONG is the excample of someone posting pictures of their own eyes etc. There is one such thread here; and it reinforced immediately an obsessive fear I have had for pancreatic cancer for almost a year now. And it happened on a holliday. I mean; it is very inconsiderate to post such things on a forum catering to people with anxiety; I mean; such is triggering anxiety for the worst. There are forums where people are posting pictures of their eyes or even their stools for medical opinion but I dont think that is OK here.

As for reassurance; it depends on what people write. Sometimes people write about symptoms that really could be something and then it should be the docs to give opinion about what it is. But other times; when someone is convinced they have rabies becuase they been breathing in the same room as their non-rabied puppy; yeah; then it is safe to tell people they are OK and will not die a horrible death from rabies. This summer there has been quite a few rabies posts and of course they are based on irrational fear. But I wont comment on someone who discover that their eyes are turning yellow or constant burning pain in chest. Then they should go to the doctor ASAP.
Poo pictures have been on here but thankfully I didn't see them. I have seen pictures of a penis. One guy posted the tapeworm he had passed, which I gave a swerve.

I think it's even harder to work it out from a picture than a description a lot of times. Best left to someone trained & experienced. And who has no choice but to look at poo by job description.