Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: from prozac to citalopram

Hi All

Doctors I think are supposed to follow the NICE guidelines when prescribing medicines. The first drug to try is Citalapram according to NICE guidelines.

I think the meds have been pushed by salesman - I think that was certainly the case with Seroxat years ago.

Take care all
    Yvonne

Y Goble

hmmmm

i really dont think doctors persuade u to take the meds, the only reason they r quick to prescribe ppl who r depressed is bcause there is a risk of suicide, i wouldnt like to think my doctor is just givin me meds for the sake of it..

Carter

firstly if you know that you are no worse than the origional symptoms when you get off the drugs then fine go with instinct that its not withdrawal,when you get off and have stuff that you have never experienced in your life then im sorry but only the drugs can be to blame.Im not into bashing drugs and drug companies for the sake of it im talking from my experience and an awful lot of others.These are mind altering drugs after all,why is it so bad to do recreational drugs(iv never done any),which also alter the mind but ok to take prescribed ones which are very simular in chemical make up? because noone but the street pusher makes money?.
    Doctors are prescribing these drugs for more than depression,ie back ache,pmt,menopause,emotions that are normal human feelings of loss or breakup,therapy would work a lot better and would cause any injuries.
    They have now even admitted that these drugs can cause suicide tendancies in the under 30,s whats that about whats so different in a 30 yr old brain to a 40 yr old?.
    I know docs are getting better with what to prescribe and not just the one who has given them the biggest lunch ticket,im not saying all docs are bad,iv yet to find a good one but hey thats life.
    Im not here to put peeps off drugs,just to offer what i know and share my experience,but these drugs are no cure they are a band aid to cover your problems up for a while ,its when you want to cope on your own and get off thats when you realise its the biggest hell anyone could go through

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information