Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strokes!

Strokes!

This seems to be the new thing for me! I know I would know if I was having a stroke but what about a mini stroke?? I just feel so odd at times & for a few days I've had head pain & dizziness followed by a weird feeling on my right side. It feels weaker than the rest of me but I can still operate as normal. I'm trying to be rational but sometimes it feels like something big is about to happen. It does pass then I have a few days when I feel almost normal then I go through the same cycle again! It's a vicious circle. X

Re: Strokes!

I get this too. My right arm/hand feel weaker than my left as if it isn't attached to my body. It sometimes feels a bit numb too. I also have dizziness and an off balance feeling to my left. I said to my friend the other day if i didnt know better it feels like i am having a stroke.

Hi Zippy - it's horrible isn't it. I'm getting real fed up now. My head feels so heavy & full. It feels like I struggle to hold it up at times. I'm petrified to go to doctors for fear of what I'll find out. Keep telling myself symptoms of anything serious do not come & go but......... x

Yes i have alot of head symptoms too, it feels like there is a blanket on my brain or full of cotton wool. I also get alot of shooting pains in my head.

sounds like anxiety symptoms to me - ive had things like that too - tingling on one side of my body - and the more i worry the worse it gets.

I know quite a lot about stroke (working in stroke care for 10 yrs) - a 'mini stroke' or TIA would fully resolve within 24 hours - it wouldnt keep coming and going xx

Thanks for replies guys. I guess that's another thing to cross of my list! . Just trying to make sense of things.
    Debbsi; out of interest, would somebody know if they had had a mini stroke? X

i think your symptoms would be more severe than they are - so i'm sure you would know and it would be more than your arm feeling weak - it really would be noticeably weak x

Hi Meche,

I assume this was your very first post and low and beyhold, its the same symptoms I posted that you kindly replied with today.

It is so horrible! I wonder whether we would fuss so much if we had the same pain in an elbow or our leg?!

Debbsi is right, you'd have had a stroke by now.

I had a tia which is a mini stroke when I was on hol. Didnt realise it what was at the time. I was on hol in teneriffe with my family and friends. Didnt even know what it was thought it was too much sun. It was only when I got home and saw the video that I realised it might have been something different. I was 49 at the time but had been on bp tabs for 10 years and there was a history of it in our family.
    I try not to think of it too much but I do know that too much son effects me so will not sunbathe for long periods of time now. xx

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information