Not sure if this is the right place for this thread.....i dont know if one can say it is linked to social anxiety or whether its a problem unrelated ie; an actual deficiency in the brain.

i can be babbling away talking with somebody or friends happily chatting, they say something that triggers a thought in me about something else but i need to finish my first thoughts then add on the new thought at the end of what i was originally saying and i might say something that is leading up to saying that new thought and then low and behold once i get the conversation around to that new thought, ive clean forgotten it. only from thinking about it when the other person was talking just seconds earlier. its just gone.....

i can feel even before i start my next sentence that its gone so i go into a silly delaying tactic mode and might say "erm......er........yeah.......(then I might try and pad the line out give me time to think about it again) but the thought has gone out of my head completely and i feel so stupid and end up saying "ive forgotten what i was about to say". the other person tries to remind you by saying "well we was talking about this and you said...." but no, that thought will not return - it might come back hours later in the car or at home. i call it my george w bush moments because he was always doing this like getting lost in mid-thought. its as if somebody comes along and turns the light switch off in your brain.

im not overly worried, its not like its every day or every week just every now and again but you feel ridiculous for forgetting the thought you had only moments earlier.

does anyone else get this? is it a sign of anything in particular that i ought to be concerned about?