Hi all, for the last couple of weeks I've noticed that when I am emotionally or physically exhausted - which I've noticed more now that I have started getting out more and exercising - I get a kind of burned out feeling in my brain, as if chemicals have been extinguished. I did notice this when my illness was at its worst in early 2009, and if I think about it, I have had this feeling on occasion throughout my life, always during a very tough time or emotional low point.

My CBT training has kicked in and I have been challenging this feeling over the last week. It is very painful and frightening, and I practically go into a blip every time I think about it, but I am actually glad because I now have an ultimate target to bring down. And this is an ultimate target: it seems to be the actual core of my fear. It's hard to describe: it's like a burned out, extinguished feeling, which destroys motivation and creates feelings of worthlessness and depression, and brings along with it a dose of utter fear.

I'm having CBT on Sunday and hope to make sense of this soon so I can fight back. I think that I will recover once I have beaten this horrible feeling, so here's hoping. Does anyone else get this feeling?