Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positive stories please.

Positive stories please.

I beleive there needs to be some positivity in this forum GAD and HA!

Being an anxiety sufferer myself. ATM I am unable to leave the house. But I am slowly improving. My anxiety attacks are getting shorter and less painfull. I'm trying to be more positive.

I know there is a section for success stories but when you have problems with anxiety you don't go looking at success stories. You go straight to GAD and HA! Filled with people anxiety issues.

Well I think to help people we should post our axiety stories and focus on the positives.

Give people hope :-) so don't so much respond to me, just post a little story about yourself, your lowest point and then the positive outcome :-) x

Re: Positive stories please.

I think this is a great idea morag130, definatley need a bit more positivity on here! I haven't exactly been the most positive person in the world lately but iv finally took the step to get myself out of this rut! After being on the waiting list for a year iv finally been put forward for cbt and had my first session today. Although we didn't cover a lot I'm already feeling really good about it and the woman's really nice I'm determined I will overcome this in time for uni in september! Will keep you all updated. Out of interest has any got any personal experiences of cbt they wouldn't mind sharing with me? Just to give me an idea on what to expect? x

So many views and none of you had a positive day?

Wow I can't even walk down my road the though of just going on holiday with my bf is wishful thinking but actually plucking up the courage to work away is amazing!!

I'm starting to have more good days now then bad! Today I was even able to be left in the house alone and even have a shower (kinda have an issue being locked in a room in confined space) but I managed it. I'm on anxiety edge but I'm not having panick which I think is a good thing :-)

I'm so looking foward to starting therapy they are comin to my home soon. Only had to wait couple of months!

I'm even eatin and getting an apatite x

I know most of you think your at rock bottom and read all these stories and think your never gonna have a good day or see any progress. But if ya anything like me it's that actually you do have better days but all you remember is the bad!

Positive thinking!! Talk more about the good. I tell ya what helps me! Listening to music from months ago when I was able to go clubbing. Look at old photos, videos do things that remind you of the less anxious you! X

Quote Originally Posted by Morag130 View Post
    I know there is a section for success stories but when you have problems with anxiety you don't go looking at success stories. You go straight to GAD and HA! Filled with people anxiety issues.
    The problem with the HA forum in particular is that it has so many posts that anything positive disappears off the 1st page within hours.

So please keep posting under success stories and when people are ready they will read them there. I wish I could make people read them and threads like this but sometimes people don't look for positives - only negatives - which is a shame

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I wanedt people who are still dealing with there anxiety who when have a good day tell us about it, what made it a good day?

People who are making progress talk about there lows n highs.

While success stories are positive. I don't think people talk about them enough. And i know people may get envious they may also be able to take something away and use it to help.

Xxx

Me too but I was asking them to post on success forum as they get lost in here that was all

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh right I see what ya mean!

Well hopefully if people where to right about there good days it would stay at the top :-)

But I defo see your point x

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Nice idea Morag - but Nic's right - posts get buried on the HA forum in the blink of an eye so just keep posting here and bump it up

Never Surrender, Comrade

Yesterday I had a great day although my anxiety was still high, today was terrible and my anxiety is still high. The difference between them and what caused the bad day is very obvious to me. I can rationalize this but I feel it is what it is. Sometimes we cannot rationalize it and it may take a while to get to that place where we can see good things .When someone tells me I am to neg. when I cannot feel positive it makes me feel shame and guilt and weak because I am in a place I cannot seem to overcome like others can. I love the success stories because they give me hope, so keep posting please .

I started again with panic attacks and anxiety just before Christmas last year after a few stressful months. I must admit ( and my Hubby would tell you ) that I am much better than what I was then. I was a wreck and was shaking and crying and my anxiety was there every single day. It took me alot of effect to try and be normal for my kids every single day. Now I'm pleased to say that I only have one ( 2 at a push ) bad day a week and on the good days instead of having an edge to me like I use to have I'm starting to feel normal I'm not on anti depressents but I take anti anxiety pills on my bad days. I also , which I think is a really good idea , keep a diary every day. I've done this since Jan and when I'm having a bad day and I can't see a way through or if I will feel normal I read my diary and realise just how far I've come and how I have had some really positive days. This enables me to realise that I am getting better and how many good days I'm having to my bad now e.t.c/ Really good post this. Thats why Ive started the inspirational post per day too xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information