Hi!
I am new here, I had my panic attack about three weeks ago, it was a nightmare. I am a paediatric nurse and we have to deal with children and parents and the doctors. My panic attack started when we have to stop wearing masks, and I realised that i am having palpitations and tremblings of my face. I was shocked why am I feeling like this... I sanked into anxiety and depression when i think about why that is happening to me.
At the same time I caught a very bad flu and that worsen my situation, suicidal thoughts came over me.
In the past, I was a confident nurse and can face people or parents and do my work easily but now I had changed dramatically and even have to give up the advanced course which I am going next year. My future is tarnished by this panic attack. I applied for two weeks no pay leave and later I have to get back to work, my fear is still unresolved when i think of facing the parents ... and I have to wear the mask to cover my fear.
My psychologist told me to think positively and do the relaxation exercise but that didn't really work for me. Having the thoughts of working in a enviroment have to face the parents and doctors makes me even more scared, I tried to think positively like " i can do it", " I can make it" but the fear is still present.
Furthermore, I am the breadwinner of my family and I can't afford to lose this job.
Why panic attack has to hit me, I was having a good job and promising future but now it is all tarnished because of this panic attack.
Can anyone out there try to help me?