Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 cupcakes.....

Re: 2 cupcakes.....

Thats fantastic Laura, well done
    I do get that passing out feeling too...the thing is it is so unlikley to happen actually. This week, my therapist is going to 'induce' me into a panic and have me stand on one leg to prove to me that I will not faint!! She ia also going to film me so that I can see what happens to me when I go into panic mode. She thinks a lot of my problems come from how I think others see me or notice my anxiety. She says 1 in 10 people suffer from some sort of anxiety related disorder...do you think you could pick them out?? Hmmm, I guess we just 'think' others notice us and this makes us more self conscious. I get what you say about others just getting on with it and enjoying the sunshine too....but would we know if they had issues? Quite interesting eh? I managed 35 minutes in my local (small) Asda but my partner was outside in the car (just in case). Actually the anxiety did start to come down and that awful derealisation I feel passed too. I have to do this another 2 or 3 times and then I have to take myself there alone and do it quite scarey, but hey, I'll give it a go

Anyway, you are doing so well hun, keep at it I'm sure we'll both get there eventually....

Kitti

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

Ps...how lucky are you having the beach so close!!

thats great laura and how nice to have the beach so close , i also look at others and see them having fun and laughing and think why cant i be like that ,as kitty said they may have problems too ,if others saw me they would not know about my anxiety and fears, its a horrible feeling though.
    Im ok at the moment and was in tesco for about 2 hours today i was with my sister but she wandered off so was alone for quite a while i felt ok but did feel a bit wobbly ive got talk therapy tommorrow so see what she says and what else i can do to help.
    Glad you are doing ok kitty i might try the standing on one leg thing
    my therapist also wants me to induce panic while im out so need to stay in the situation as long as possible and not run home i have been up my local shops a few times on my own and managed about half an hour so getting there !!!
    aaggghhh sounds so silly ...
    hopefully we will all get there !!! xxxx

Ahh Angel, sounds like you are doing really well hun, great stuff
    I think that is the key here, you have to stay in the anxious situation long enough for the symptoms to 'come down' naturally...but of course all you want to do is escape!! And actually, I am starting to 'believe' things my therapist tells me and putting some of it into practise. It does seem to be working with the anxiety so there is hope with the agg too
    We'll all be watching out for all the people standing on one leg now maybe they are feeling anxiety too? Good luck & take care xxx

Yes you can, your cupcake story was wonderful
    I look forward to reading more like it

Kittikat and angel wings you 2 are doing really well ! Im doing this on my own without therapists so please keep posting as Im going to try the things your therapists are telling you to do as I have the same worries and I can see if I could do them it would help. Not brave enough to try the supermarkets on my own yet ! xxxx

Good on you Laura, you are doing brilliantly without therapy! Will keep you updated on any tips I pick up and let you know if I manage to make some progress I have therapy every Thursday so I will let you know how tomorrow's session goes.....Feel free to PM me anytime if you are feeling crap, good, worried or just want to talk things through. Hope you had a good day today

Take care, Kitti xx

Thanks for sharing that Laura. It's so rewarding to be able to get out and do something like that, isn't it? I have noticed in my recovery from agoraphobia that I don't take small pleasures for granted anymore.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kittikat View Post
    Thats fantastic Laura, well done
    I do get that passing out feeling too...the thing is it is so unlikley to happen actually. This week, my therapist is going to 'induce' me into a panic and have me stand on one leg to prove to me that I will not faint!! She ia also going to film me so that I can see what happens to me when I go into panic mode. She thinks a lot of my problems come from how I think others see me or notice my anxiety. She says 1 in 10 people suffer from some sort of anxiety related disorder...do you think you could pick them out?? Hmmm, I guess we just 'think' others notice us and this makes us more self conscious. I get what you say about others just getting on with it and enjoying the sunshine too....but would we know if they had issues? Quite interesting eh? I managed 35 minutes in my local (small) Asda but my partner was outside in the car (just in case). Actually the anxiety did start to come down and that awful derealisation I feel passed too. I have to do this another 2 or 3 times and then I have to take myself there alone and do it quite scarey, but hey, I'll give it a go
    Kittikat, your therapist sounds really good. Is this CBT or some other sort of therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by grotbags View Post
    Kittikat, your therapist sounds really good. Is this CBT or some other sort of therapy?
    Hi G...she is brilliant, CBT on the NHS I'm on session 7 of 12 but she is asking her supervisor to allow me more sessions as she says I can't be fixed in 12! But she is really helping me, does all these tailor made flow charts all unique to me...not the usual generic handouts they normally give you. I had cbt a few years back, helped a little with understanding the panics, but not a patch on this one. How are you doing? Making some progress I hope Kitti x

hi all
    Thought i would share that i faced one of my fears today i walked to my sons assembly sat in there for 45min and it went fine and really enjoyed it to my surprise felt really nervous before going but thought right im going to do this it has given me a bit more confidence to do it again xx

Thanks Kittikat - that sounds excellent. I'm trying to organise cbt at the moment, and your progress is really inspiring!

Angelwings - wow, that really is an achievement! Don't you find that once you do something successfully you just want to start to tackle more things? I do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information