Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 cupcakes.....

Re: 2 cupcakes.....

Quote Originally Posted by angel wings View Post
    hi all
    Thought i would share that i faced one of my fears today i walked to my sons assembly sat in there for 45min and it went fine and really enjoyed it to my surprise felt really nervous before going but thought right im going to do this it has given me a bit more confidence to do it again xx
    Fantastic news Angel you must be so proud of yourself. A big step in the right direction and 45 minutes, wow, great going hun! thanks for sharing, lots of love K xx

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Just a quick update re therapy today....she didn't do the 'induce panic' thing because I was rather upset after a night time panic (a new experience for me) and she said it was too hot today so not a good idea....we are aiming to do it next week now. Had a good session though, I always try to take something positive away with me, this week, I need to remember not to be too hard on myself (again!!)

thanks g and kitty

I must admit i did give myself a pat on the back as it has been worrying me for a while going to these sort of things as it is enclosed and full of people my worst nightmare,

sorry to hear you had a night time panic kitty bet that was horrible im a bit worried about the inducing panic bit my therapist told me that panic will only reach a level and not go any higher and my brain need to know this so too induce it while you are out is the best way to overcome it .....it does scare me .
    glad the therapy went ok though and yes to not being too hard on yourself im guilty of that too lol

hope everyone has a good day x

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

And yes grotbags i felt as if i wanted to do more and was going to get on the bus into town but i didnt want to do too much in one day just incase... as ive done that before and burnt myself out but really felt i could have which is a huge improvement for me x

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

How are you getting on Laura x

Hi all,

Im finding it really hard with this hot weather, I can be in the sun for about ten mins but then I start panicking about burning and getting sunstroke and worried ill get so hot ill overheat. I went out for a walk for about ten mins yest evening on my own and was ok. Ive got a water infection now and have to take antibiotics and i get myself in such a state as they make me so ill so ive gone a bit backwards at the moment. Just praying I can get through the tablets and get back on track. Always seems one step forwards and two steps back. Seems unfair sometimes just as youre making a bit of progress you just hot with something else :( thanks for your updates on therapy you are both doing really well keep it up xxx

Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear you are having a bit of a crap time again, but hey, well done on getting out for a walk...that's brilliant, so you must congratulate yourself on that. I also don't care much for the hot weather, the sun gives me a headache and I'm very fair skinned so I never sit out in it...if i'm out in it I also feel very uncomfortable so I prefer to stay indoors where it's cooler. I hope your infection passes quickly and you manage ok with the tablets I have started to tell myself it's two steps forward and one step back...at least that way it sounds a little more positive, (but I know what you are saying) we must try hard to be kind to ourselves!! Some days I find I get lulled into a false sense of security as I feel so good, then Bam!! It's back again to try and pull you down. Thinking of you hun and hoping you have a good day.
    Take care, keep up the good work Kitti xx

HI All

Well ive had a good few weeks now and have managed to go out quite alot there have been lots of things going on at the school and all the Jubilee celebrations so think im getting there i seem to have alot less anxiety when going out and am not worrying so much,hoping it continues x
    hope you are all doing ok

Brilliant news Angel keep up the good work. I think I am getting somewhere too, at long last!! I am controlling the anxiety really well and I am making small steps getting out on my own. We should be so proud of ourselves, we have come such a long way

Stay positive, love Kitti x

hey thats great News kitti so pleased you are doing well too just got to keep it up now well deserved pat on the back for us both xx

Quote Originally Posted by laura442 View Post
    ive had agoraphobia this time for 2years...will only go out with my partner but not far. I got a bike because I thought ill be sitting down (scared of passing out when i stand up) and also thought if I panic I can get back quicker ! I know most of you will understand that !
    Anyway, so the suns out today right ? I wonder how many of you (us) are sitting there thinking about how lovely it would be to out and about in the sun and thinking about all the people that ARE out enjoying ourselves and beating ourselves up for our illness !
    So today i bit the bullet...I was shaking I was panicking but I thought ok just go to the end of the road....well I ended up going around a few roads actually (not fast scared of anything that makes my heart race) the sun on my skin felt beautiful !!!!
    I met a little girl who was selling cakes outside her house...i rode home to get some money and back out again and bought 2 cakes from her. Her mum came out (social anxiety) i thought here we gooooo thank god i was sitting on my bike ! I had a little chat with her and im back home now. It would sound nothing to "normal people" would it ? But a little bit of sun...a little bit of hope and I had conversation with 2 people too.....so dont think to yourself like i did whats the point of walking to the end of the road....at the end of your road there could be a rainbow a pot of gold, cupcakes or maybe just a little bit of hope. I actually believe now we are all capable of more it just takes huge amounts of bravery on our part.
    Love to you all xxxxx

Ohh well done u! these small steps that seem so normal to people without phobia/anxiety probs but they are huge when u suffer as we do.
    My agoraphobia stems from emetophobia so were a little different on that front , but wow u have inspired me
    So very very brave & to even go home & be in the "safe zone" then go back out again.
    Again I say WELL DONE & good luck in future trips to the cupcake stall

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information