Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Personal Diary Starting Fluoxotine/Prozac

Post My Personal Diary Starting Fluoxotine/Prozac

Hi.. i am now on day 5 of my fluoxotine, prozac, 20mg tablet per day.. i was on citalopram 20mg day for several months, sadly it did'nt work for me.
    I feel ok atm, not feeling that torturing depression thats usuaally every day, not had any dark suicidal thoughts, had a ok weekend .
    i am aware it may get worse soon before better, but i wont give up on the fluoxotine [prozac] as i know if its right tablet for me when the worse n se pass i'll feel the benefits.
    Also on other medication too for other physical health problems, one being a sedative effect ish-for pain mostly. but prozac meant give you more energy, n motivation etc.. i need that;; i felt motivated this weekend but need to act on it.

Il keep adding to this , i hope it can help someone else. look forward to reading your comments etc..

thankyou

Re: My Personal Diary Starting Fluoxotine/Prozac

Hi Ang3lic,

I am 8 weeks into taking 20mg fluoxetine. I am taking mine for anxiety/panic though not depression.

I hope it's the right medication for you. I think if you are look for something to give you a boost as well as lift your mood then this (fingers crossed) could be the right medication as i've continually heard it is one of the more stimulating SSRI's.

I'll be reading your progress and I am sure it will be positive.

Best Wishes

Neil

Hi I was on Prozac for 15 years on 20mg and it was excellent - gave me my life back until October seemed to stop working after some trauma going on then.

It is a very good medication for depression - very stimulating and tbh found the initial start up effects quite nasty! but it was worth it! You do tend to feel worse before better - think this applies to most of them. It took around 8 to 12 weeks for me to feel better - didn't have side effects for that long. I went back on it again after Xmas and it made me ill - as if I served you well once now clear off! I am on Citalopram as of 2 weeks and upping the dose to 40mg at the weekend - am under a psychiatrist now albeit private as been diagnosed with OCD (Pure) so hope this one helps - having a pretty rough ride 2 weeks into them? Hope they work as he said Plan B would be Effexor.

Good Luck - it was a miracle medication for me and truly changed my life.

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by neil1975 View Post
    Hi Ang3lic,

I am 8 weeks into taking 20mg fluoxetine. I am taking mine for anxiety/panic though not depression.

I hope it's the right medication for you. I think if you are look for something to give you a boost as well as lift your mood then this (fingers crossed) could be the right medication as i've continually heard it is one of the more stimulating SSRI's.

I'll be reading your progress and I am sure it will be positive.

Best Wishes

Neil
    thankyou xxx i suffer anxiety also, but take fluoxetine mainly for depression, also i never have energy, motivation lerthargic 24/7 no matter how much sleep i get, so like u said hoping it helps that to.
    i like to hear how your getting on too ..thanks xxx xxx

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LAURA48 View Post
    Hi I was on Prozac for 15 years on 20mg and it was excellent - gave me my life back until October seemed to stop working after some trauma going on then.

It is a very good medication for depression - very stimulating and tbh found the initial start up effects quite nasty! but it was worth it! You do tend to feel worse before better - think this applies to most of them. It took around 8 to 12 weeks for me to feel better - didn't have side effects for that long. I went back on it again after Xmas and it made me ill - as if I served you well once now clear off! I am on Citalopram as of 2 weeks and upping the dose to 40mg at the weekend - am under a psychiatrist now albeit private as been diagnosed with OCD (Pure) so hope this one helps - having a pretty rough ride 2 weeks into them? Hope they work as he said Plan B would be Effexor.

Good Luck - it was a miracle medication for me and truly changed my life.

Laura
    hi..thanks, that gives me hope. so sorry your poorly again :( . never heard of effexor?? hope the citalopram works t can be great for some ppl, -i wasnt one them ;;
    i think this site is helping to n the lovely ppl on here, you can express your truest feelings n ppl help not judge. thanks xxx xxx

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

Hi its coming to the end of DAY 6]]] felt ok ish today. noticed bit anxiety, aggitated, i feel more mentally motivated but due to my back cant just walk the dogs etc.. frustrating. i have r. arthiritus in lower back, n arthiritus in knees, nek hands etc, spondulitus, asthma, im over weight, can only walk several steps b4 agony n need sit, have bloody stair lift! but i now know im to young end up in wheelchair, i need go swimming reg as feel no pain n only exercise i can do, eat better get some weight off which help my back as used love walking miles.
    just feel little spaced out tonight... but wont give up x

~YOU MUST BRAVE THE STORM TO SEE THE RAINBOW~
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ~If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up~

DAY END 13 - [2 WEEKS] VERY SCARED S.E FOR 1ST TIME...
    its 2wks tommorow on my fluoxotine [prozac], i felt ok, no side effects, my depression better, anxiety their but i no longer have the real low dark suicidal thoughts n feelings. i tought 'great it getting better n no s.e-[side effects] i wrong.
    its 1.30 am as i write this, earlier tonight bought 7-8pm i dozed off on sofa, not unusual, i wake at 10.40pm from the most vivid dream, dreamt my dad [he passed away 1997], i dreamt him b4 but this time felt so odd. its kinds like when u wake from a certain dream that sticks with you n feel spaced etc... i had this feeling heaps times in past but even thought the dream may stick with me all day i could shake the spaced out/dreamy state , sureal state off in 20min ish, this wont go!!
    i just got up n drove to garage etc, n got home with bag stuff realising i could only really recall my 1st half of journey.. i know this is dangerous..my mistake.
    i still feel like i may just be dreaming, spaced, sureal etc,i even phoned home when i was out so my daughters dad could check if i was sleeping on sofa???? it feels like 1st stages of maddness i want it to go...

~If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up~

Hi bin taken prozac for 5 yrs ,stopped taken them 2 mnths ago bt feltvwrse with panic attacks n depression,just started taken them again it the 10th day nw,gettin sum side affects n feelin like I want to cry al thr time,doea anyone take them at night thsnks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by chloe83 View Post
    Hi bin taken prozac for 5 yrs ,stopped taken them 2 mnths ago bt feltvwrse with panic attacks n depression,just started taken them again it the 10th day nw,gettin sum side affects n feelin like I want to cry al thr time,doea anyone take them at night thsnks for reading
    hi.. i take mine morning, b4 dinner, mainly as was told theyd help give me some energy n motivation..
    your body must be so mixed up id give it bit longer or speak to your gp, sometimes ppl need diff drug 2nd time.. hey hun im no expert so please get some real advice xxx i relate to how ur feeling xxx love n hugs xxx

Hey

Glad there's some more people out there on the Prozac journey...I have just passed the 8 week mark on 20mg and 3 days ago I decided sadly to reduce my dose to 10mg.
    I had been lucky as far as SE go until now and felt so excited with my results. I had days where I'd be very hypo and full of ideas and excitement (which seemed like impossible emotions back when I started them) to some days just feeling like negative me but without the added terror of life and a little added energy. Until come last week, there I was worrying about some new side effects which had me googling and resultedin my decision to lower the dose! I'm not happy about this at all but don't see any other alternative. I have been experiencing restless leg syndrome to the point where my calves muscles are really getting a workout! This surprisingly I can deal with but it's the other SE that's scared me and opened a whole new can of worms.......I've noticed these involuntary spasms or movements mainly in my legs and feet. Some days I get them alot! Ive also started acting out a second of an action of my dream when I first start to drift off!!!! Like today I dozed on the couch and think I started dreaming of eating pasta and i felt myself actually physically open my mouth and bite!! This woke me up and made me panic even more. I've read some awful stories on the net about these effects becoming permanent! It also led me to other scary symptoms of diseases out there that I never considered! Add that to my hypochondria list!

I too have had many days in the past 8 weeks where I've been driving and then realized that I can't remember most of my journey! Im also having trouble recalling things I should remember....I have had this happen before without the meds but this seems to be happening alot now.

I must add that this is just my experience and I imagine that noone else out there has had this happen to them so please don't let it discourage anyone having successful treatment...

If anyone else out there can reassure me I'd really appreciate it.

Kel

Thank u for ur reply anglic,really apreciated x

DAY 16 - im terrified!!!! i just made decision to stop taking my prozac/fluoxotine as from now!¬! i cant explain properly why right at this min i so shaky n freaked out but wil later x terrified, anxiety gone through the roof.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information