Thread: How we get rid of anxiety ?

How we get rid of anxiety ?

How we get rid of anxiety ?
    Share own comments and information on this topic with detail and full information . Share reliable facts and information which increase knowledge on this topic .

Re: How we get rid of anxiety ?

Anxiety is a psychological and physiological state which is characterized by mind, emotional, feeling, and cognitive (behaviour) components, therefore it can not simply be "got rid of" like an old frumpy T-Shirt you no longer like, you'd need medical help e.g. medication a.k.a some people use beta blockers because they work by blocking the effects of norepinephrine, a stress hormone involved in the fight-or-flight response. This helps control the physical symptoms of anxiety such as rapid heart rate, a trembling voice, sweating, dizziness, and shaky hands. Others use antidepressants because they affect the serotonin in your brain which is like a messenger, it's like a mood lifter.

They're other options with medication also, medication is probably more effective also when joint with therapy, the best therapy for anxiety is CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) this is because CBT can help you to change how you think ('Cognitive') and what you do ('Behaviour'). These changes can help you to feel better. Unlike some of the other talking treatments, it focuses on the 'here and now' problems and difficulties. Instead of focusing on the causes of your distress or symptoms in the past, it looks for ways to improve your state of mind now.

And if you're really determined to fight your anxiety you can try some self help techniques also such as; doing activities where you can surround yourself by a group of people but where you don't necessarily need to talk to anyone such as walking and swimming or things that you can do in your own home like breathing techniques, yoga or meditation, other self helps that I use when I'm nervous are things like picking a colour and counting how many things of that colour I can see and one I made up which is seeing how much of the phonetic alphabet I can remember (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo... Etc) Or the picnic game "I went to the shops and I bought a sweet... I went to the shops and I bought a sweet and a pen... Etc, they sound silly but the idea is that you're so busy concentrating on the game you're playing in your mind that whatever your panicing about is put to one side.

The best thing to do when you have an anxiety disorder is to research and read, and use self help techniques, it is always possible to rid yourself of this disorder but it won't happen over night and you can't just get rid of it like the flu, you have to work at it, really want to be without it and put a lot of effort and determination in it because you're trying to change a part of yourself, the way you think.

Thread Information