Thread: New to the prop team

New to the prop team

So i know that this particular 'thing' has probably been answered several times in other threads butyou knwo how it is sometimes you want someone to actually reply to you, us anxious types do like the repitition

So im already on Citalopram 20mg for Depression and Anxiety and i went to my Dr's yesterday and asked for something for the immediate anxiety symptoms as i have to go to a family (boyfriends family) in Glasgow and im crapping myself, the fact that he keeps asking me if i'll be ok really doesnt help. The Dr gave me Propranolol 40mg to take as and when (up to 2 a day)

So hints, tips and warnings please, are they super fast working (like the cit apparently was on Hollyoaks the other week) should i take one in advance of something i Know im going to get anxious about such as the Glasgow trip, what about side effects, i had a quick look on the tinterweb but i try to avoid doing that as it makes me worse.

Any info greatly received.

Re: New to the prop team

Pleas someone help me, I have to go to a party for my niece tonight and im starting to get anxious about it now, my sister and i dont get on too well and we had a falling out recently so im scared about that plus my family dont know that im having a 'blip' just now so im going to have to keep my arms covered and put the 'normal' face on for them, and i dont know if i can.
    Tell me when should i take a pill, now? how long will it last i feel sick just now and my chest is tight but i know it's going to get worse later so im wondering if i should wait, how long will it take to 'kick in'?

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Also drinking with them, it says in the leaflet to not drink but what will happen really, should i not drink at all, or can i have one or two?

Hiya, I am no expert, am very new to prop, literally taken it twice...the second was last night. My heart racing was in full flow when i took it at 1am, say by 2amISH i had calmed down, maybe less I wasnt timing, i would say around 9am today I could feel it was wearing off as my heartbeat was coming back up....so thats a good 7 hours.

I had only 20mg (half my actual dose). I see your doc also gave you 40mg. The first time I took 40mg, it freaked the crap out of me, really slowed my heartbeat down - like alot, and i had pins and needles
    in my whole leg for a good while...so to avoid these side effects I took only half yesterday and that was fine.

I cannot tell you when to take it, if i were you, and i expect to be at the party for 5 hours, I would take it as I am getting ready, so it has had time to kick in by the time you get there and is in full effect when i am there. i hope this helps.

Thanks that does really help, I will try one tonight and let you know how it goes x

I took a pill tonight about half an hour before i went out I had really bad nausea and tight chest, when i got to the party i was totally fine all night, no anxiety at all had a great time and no fighting with my sister. I got through the night and no side effects as yet.

Now im home i have that 'butterfly' feeling in my stomach but that might just be because of the all the chocolate fountain, all i know is Propranolol is win!

Thread Information