Thread: Soft tissue swelling neck X-ray...anxiety out of control

Soft tissue swelling neck X-ray...anxiety out of control

Hi guys please could anyone help,

I've had a few problems with dryness of mouth and eyes lately and I have been getting a lot of pain at the back of my neck, cervical spine.

Today aft weeks my neck was looked at and I was sent for an X-ray...

I'm so scared now as I typed soft Gussie swelling as the doctor described as she as looking at my next and all sorts of horrible cancer thing came up n google.

Please could somebody tell me if they have had an x ray of their spine and if they know what he doctors are looking for it will be a gat hel as. Can't sleep for all the anxiety this is giving me...

Please

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:51 ----------

Sorry for so much spelling mistakes, I meant to say soft tissue swelling in neck..

Sorry

Re: Soft tissue swelling neck X-ray...anxiety out of control

I have it as well. I have PTSD and never fully relax my muscles ,it causes swelling all through my back,specially my neck.

I'm a radiographer, I do these xrays. If the pain/swelling is at the back af your neck, where the bones are, it's most likely knots of muscle. Doc probably wants to see if you have arthritis that might cause the pain and make you hold your head differently which would cause muscle tension and more pain. The horrible cancer things you read about will not show on plain xrays, you would need CT or MRI for that.

Thank you so much I havnt slept and feel somewhat relieved to read this. I hope your right as I can't stay like this for another week waiting for results.

She described it as soft tissue swelling and would not say what the X-ray was for, she kept saying we would wait for th results and take it from there.

Do you have a lot of X-rays of the spine? Top area of neck? What do you usually find?

Do radiograpers read the result or take the X-rays? The lady who took mine wasn't very nice, I was shaking so much I could stand still and I had a panic attack, she did not say once it's okay but said she will be in touch with my gp.

I left the hospital crying with people looking at me and nobody asked if I was okay...

aww hun i just wanted to say you will be ok. i dnt know much about xrays. but ino when i went for my chest xray she said if she sees anything she will send me straight rnd to a/e to see the doctors. they didnt find anything. as they can see there and then. i think if they had found something serious she woud of sent you to a/e.
    try not to worry hun im sure its like what cattt said just some swelling and knots. x

Thread Information