Thread: Someone with anxiety that had a kid? is it bad for the baby?

Someone with anxiety that had a kid? is it bad for the baby?

Well, I want to be a mother someday. It's my biggest wish. So I'm wondering if my constant or almost constant anxiety can be bad for the baby. If you have anxiety and you had a baby how it was? Any problems with the baby? And during labour? You probably were freaking out...

Thanks

Re: Someone with anxiety that had a kid? is it bad for the baby?

No one? :(

Hi i know that babies can be sensitive to there mothers feelings they feel what there mother feel but i wouldnt say it necesserily means the child is going to become anxious although sometimes its hereditry so if there going to get it there going to get it at least if that happens we have been through it and can give them understanding and support thats how i see it anyway

It's funny I've just been thinking about this too but for me my concerns are the later life of the baby/child and if I'll be able to bring him/her up well when sometimes it seems I can barely take care of my self when I'm so anxious

Hi
    i'm 24 and have had 4 kids. I have had bad anxiety since the age of 15/16 but over the last few years as it got worse. When i have been pregnant and i suffered panic attacks etc i asked the midwife and doctor etc what affect it would have on the baby because obviously if im distressed then i would think the baby would be distressed too, and they said because panic attacks are harmless then no harm is done, obviously as long as when your pregnant and panicing u dont like start self harming and drinking and drugs etc which i know u wouldnt but although i had my doubts with what they say my 4 kids appear to be fine so far (touch wood) no growth problems, no late developements or health problems etc!! Also if your on medications for anxiety which im not then your doctor would see if its safe to take during pregnancy.

All my births were different, first one my watersbroke itself, 2nd one i had to be induced, 3rd i had to be induced and then have emergency section and 4th it was an elective planned section. And to be honest the planned section one was the worse experience for me with my anxiety because i knew exactly what to expect and was more aware of it!

My anxiety is purely based round my breathing, i feel im strruggling to breathe everyday and im so easily short of breathe and breathless and i dont smoke and not overweight, so everyday i have frequent panic attacks which knock me for six and my kids are all fine and help me get thru any bad situation with them in mind i have everything to get through this for.

Thread Information