Thread: Do you ever swallow food only for it to get stuck in your nasal passage?

Do you ever swallow food only for it to get stuck in your nasal passage?

I don't know if this is normal but it's so annoying.
    It happens sometimes with rice, I swallow but then a piece of rice seem to go up my nose n get stuck some where between my nose/ nasal passage and my throat. I can't get it to come down into my throat or up out of my nose.
    Then I can feel it there for ages.
    It's after happening again now with a piece of marshmallow!

Re: Do you ever swallow food only for it to get stuck in your nasal passage?

I get this and find it helps to snort some water up your nose. It feels weird when you first do it but it does the job and everything gets flushed out back down your throat.

You can get sinus rinse bottles but this just sloshes out the sinuses above your nose where you squirt water up one nostril and it all comes out the other. This won't help as you need the water to go down the throat.

Steve.

What if you used the sinus rinse bottle but instead of bending over the sink held you head up, even slightly back a bit? Then the water would definitely go down your throat. Also the sinus rinse is water mixed with a sachet of salt and bicarb of soda, to bring it to the same Ph as your internal tissues, so it won't hurt like water would. Google NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit, its avail on Amazon and from lots of pharmacies.

Yep thats the bottle I have Neilmed. Will have to try it next time sort of squirt and sniff

I admit snorting a handful of water feels strange but better than having food stuck which is very annoying.

Steve.

Thread Information