Hi there, I've been taking proparanol for about three months now for panic attacks and anxiety. When I first started taking it I got really bad head/eye aches, but no 'visual disturbances' as mentioned in the side effects leaflet.

I have recently (three/four days ago) started to see a coloured line (almost like tv static) running horizontally across the bottom of my vision when I blink (can't work out whether it's before or after the blink...) it's been happening between two and six times a day, normally in groups of two ('what was that?! *blink ahain*') it's been happening first thing in the morning (before tablets) and last thing at night, but I'm feeling really tired now and have just seen the line again!

I'm going to the opticians on Monday as I am crazy paranoid about detached retinas (uncle and aunt have both had them) but was hoping that someone could maybe put my mind at rest in the mean time?

Has anyone else experienced this? Or know exactly what the normal 'visual disturbances' are with proparanol? Or had experience with detached retinas?! (I've always been told that rising or decending blackness means straight to hospital..)

Thank you