Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diarrhea/loose bowel movements before and during periods

Re: Diarrhea/loose bowel movements before and during periods

Hi, I get this too - every month, and having spoken to some of my friends it seems its very common. I think its the effect of changing hormones on your system. I don't have endometriosis.

I would ask if you have been tested for endo in your bowel area though. I would try what they suggest and see how it goes. But otherwise there are also medication such as ponstan which helps directly for the period pain and symptoms associated with it and see if that helps. Otherwise you might like to try something like a probiotic.

I know how you feel this year is my worst year of having diarrhoea so far and do notice painful bowels and diarrhoea around my periods. Sometimes even though its hard with things like that you need to know that if tests have been done and there is nothing serious then you need to try not to worry as that side can be easy but its the putting up with the pain and diarrhoea.

Surely your GP or gynocologist could prescribe you some kind of pain relief.

Let us know how the appointment goes

Yep me too - was always a predictor of my period coming. I had a hysterectomy 6 years ago so no longer have them.
    I thought it was down to the hormone changes in the lead up to your period, but never sure
    Love Sam

Not sure Roxy - I had a sigmoidoscopy about 4 weeks ago and they took some biopsies and waiting on the results on that.

They have given me some anal suppositories for when it is really bad so I can at least go out to work without needing the loo all the time.

I am not sure about any medication though because of all the drugs I am on for the heart and the Crohn's disease.

Thank you for the reply

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well all the best with the results aye hopefully they will give you some idea. I know what you mean with the toilet thing I have a bladder problem and on medication to stop me rushing off to the toilet every 15 minutes lol yes it did get that bad.

And no problem I hope I was some help

I had the scan today and as per usual for me they couldn't do it externally so had to do a transvaginal scan. This isn't painful but the lady doing it was under some sort of training so I had her doing it and another lady overseeing and advising so it went on for quite a time and by the end it was getting a bit sore.

I have a lot of fibroids and one that is elongated and is distorting the uterus.

I also have an ovarian cyst back which I had before but it went.

I have an appointment on the 12th June to see the gynaecologist again so see what they say about it all.

So nothing more to report at the moment

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well at least you now know what it is and it doesnt sound too serious. All the best with the gynocologist appt.

Well I went today for the follow up appointment and what a waste of time that was to be honest!

It is a 35 mile round trip and £3 parking so cost me a lot of money to go (which I don't have to spare)

She was running an hour late and I think I was in and out in 5 minutes.

She said I need to have a blood test for tumour markers because of the ovarian cyst and they would re-scan it in 6 weeks and decide what to do from there but I would probably have a hysteroscopy which would be very painful as I haven't had children so they would have to give me strong painkillers to take before the procedure.

Good job I don't have HA as she has left me wondering why they are checking for cancer now and then telling me I would probably need a painful procedure to check things out further.

I feel that they could have asked my GP to do the blood tests and just booked the 6 week scan for me at the hospital and saved me all the time, hassle and cost to be honest.

I told her that my period was due on Saturday and hadn't come so she said "Maybe your periods have ended now then". I thought that was a silly thing to say as I have not been told I am menopausal or given any indication that my periods were about to stop.

I have had stomach pains since Saturday and asked about those and she told me to see my GP as it was probably my bowels! I tried to get an appointment with my doc earlier today and they have nothing all week so I would have to get an emergency appointment if I needed one tomorrow.

So there you go - no real update but one that could have scared the life out of a lot of members on here that do suffer with Health Anxiety worries.

I guess I will have to wait for the next scan now and take it from there.

Well for anyone that is interested in knowing (but it doesn't look like it lol) I have been to see the doc and the pain I have been having is indigestion related and I am now on Omeprazole for a month.

It is really bad at the moment but I hope things will settle in a couple of days.

Poor you Seems to be a bit of a mystery doesnt it. Is it Gynae or ibs.

As you say its a good job you dont have health anxiety as well

wishing you well

Love Joy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information