Thread: scared of my daughter being sick

scared of my daughter being sick

plz help am so scared of my daughter being sick its ruining my life i avoid over feeding her go mad if she does and now the school has norvovirus going round ive kept my daughter off school to make sure she dont get it. my family think am mad my mum allways says am silly

Re: scared of my daughter being sick

I can't tell you how to stop feeling like this, I can only reassure you that you're not alone.

I've had emetophobia for over 30 years - some times I can live with it, most of the time I can't. You are not mad, or silly, this is quite a common phobia (many people have it but don't talk about it).

14 years ago, when I was a single mum to my (then) 9 month old baby, I realised just how understanding of my 'problem' my own mother was... I was woken by my crying baby, I looked in his room, he was covered in s*** and really upset. I backed out of the room, closed the door, and called my mum (at 3am!). I then went OUTSIDE my flat and waited for mum to come and 'sort him out', which she did, without question.

I hadn't even been able to comfort my baby, and I couldn't hold him for 3 days after because of the fear.

I know how you are feeling, I really do. I wish I could tell you that everything will be ok, that you're daughter won't ever be s***, but how could I possibly know that?

So, I will just say - I know how you are feeling, and so do many others. The support of your family could really help, try to explain how this makes you feel, keep on trying to explain. They may never really get it, but you can always come places like this to share with people who DO get it.

x

thankyou so much for yr reply i might go and see a doc to see if they can help me

Good luck hun, let us know how you get on x

thanks i will

Thread Information