Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terrified After Hospital Appointment

Re: Terrified After Hospital Appointment

Just wanted to send you lots of love and say am thinking of you I agree with the others that when they say "underlying medical condition" they probably do mean diabetes or something like that. I have never heard of your symptoms and I have a friend who has eye cancer, and her symptoms were NOTHING like yours. I promise.
    When they say potentially serious, they probably mean they want to make sure they fix before it affects your eyesight.
    Try to keep calm and do please let us know what happens.
    xxxxxxxx

Thank you, I doubt I'll sleep tonight. At least tomorrow I should have a better idea of what they're looking for and at least you can deal with something when you know what it is....

Well today I spent from 9am - 5pm in the hospital having extensive tests. It looks like I have an immune system disease and it's attacking the good cells causing my eyes to bleed, although potentially serious it's treatable, they have just had to run tests to check my kidneys and lungs aren't being attacked too. I'm so relieved that it's something they can deal with. What's also good is that all the health problems the doctor have said are 'nothing' or my family have thought I've been imagining can be attributed to this condition - I've not been exaggerating or being a hypocondriac, it's just not been discovered until now. I won't know all this for certain until my next appointment when today's test results will be in (July),I'm SOOOOO tired after all this stress, but I feel I can get on and live my life now.
    Thank you for all your support (it just shows you that sometimes, just sometimes there is reason to be anxious) xxx

Well done for surviving a difficult day. You must be so relieved that it is something treatable and as you say, explains other symptoms you have been experiencing. Good luck with your treatment I hope it leaves you feeling much better. x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information