Thread: Ladies I need your help - Camera in womb Saturday

Ladies I need your help - Camera in womb Saturday

I'm really shakey and I'm desperate for some reassurance. I'm 39 and I have a history of mid-cycle bleeding going back a few years 2009/2010 really. I had all sorts of test done then (including pelvic scans, colposcopy etc and scrapings done of my womb lining) and eventually the bleeding went away despite them not finding a cause. I think I just stopped worrying about it after the tests.

It came back last September 2011 when I had bleeding after intercourse a few days before my last smear. The Dr who did the smear said my cervix looked enflamed but mentioned that it could be hormonal. The smear result came back as normal. I forgot about it then until this March when I had the same bleeding after intercourse, this time there was a lot of blood. Both times this was mid-cycle and it doesn't happen at any other time.

I went to my GP who took a look and said my cervix looked okay but referred me as a precautionary measure to see a gyn because of the bleeding I'd experienced. I went on Monday for the colposcopy and the consultant said I was bleeding again (I was on day 16 of my cycle) when he touched my cervix with the swabs and it was inflamed. He had a good look and has booked me in for a camera in the womb, more womb scrapings and a laser of my cervix because of harmless nabothian cysts for this Saturday.

I made sure to ask him did he see anything 'serious' on my cervix and he said no.

I asked did I have an ectoropian and he said no.

He gave me his opinion in that he didn't think it was anything serious but the bleeding needs investigating. I did tell him I only bleed mid-cycle and asked if this was possibly hormonal. He said it's possible and we may not even find out the cause.

I've been trying to be calm but I'm freaking out a little today. I keep thinking what about this 'inflamed' business? Why did he take biopsies when he said he couldn't see anything serious on the cervix.

Please, does anyone have any similar experiences to relate and help calm me down.
    Last edited by Helen1973; 23-05-12 at 16:28.

Re: Ladies I need your help - Camera in womb Saturday

Polyps can cause bleeding after sex and mid cycle bleeding and wouldn't show up without close inspection wth a camera. Are you having a hysteroscopy? I had one a few weeks ago for a similar reason. Bascially I bled more than expected during and after my smear test, the test came back normal but I had to have a couple of polyps removed one very close to the cervix which was what caused it to bleed during the smear. Its a very quick procedure, nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by stressybessy View Post
    Polyps can cause bleeding after sex and mid cycle bleeding and wouldn't show up without close inspection wth a camera. Are you having a hysteroscopy? I had one a few weeks ago for a similar reason. Bascially I bled more than expected during and after my smear test, the test came back normal but I had to have a couple of polyps removed one very close to the cervix which was what caused it to bleed during the smear. Its a very quick procedure, nothing to worry about.
    Yes I am. This is what is happening on Saturday. Thank you for your reply! Wow i hope it really is something so harmless! As I said I've been trying to be calm, but my HA is starting to climb! Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Hi it does seem hormonal I have suffered with mid cycle bleeding for Years had all the tests and nothing found, stress can also trigger this!

Also the camera is pretty quick and painless and they should tell you when you have the camera if anything is wrong, but I'm sure you'll be ok! Xx

Quote Originally Posted by jaynehal View Post
    Hi it does seem hormonal I have suffered with mid cycle bleeding for Years had all the tests and nothing found, stress can also trigger this!

Also the camera is pretty quick and painless and they should tell you when you have the camera if anything is wrong, but I'm sure you'll be ok! Xx
    Thank you, jaynehal! I really appreciate you letting me know your own experience. Also it's good to know stress can be a factor. Stress is definitely possible as a cause as we've been going through a stressful house sale/move before this happened!

Thanks again for the info and the reassurance

I thought as I was around that I would post a reply to say what happened so that anyone else in a similar position will be reassured. I had the camera and biopsies done by the oncologist and nothing at all sinister appeared during either. During the procedure I had the cervix lasered and haven't bled since. Nothing to worry about

Hi I bleed after smears and sometimes a little after sex I also have more discharge then normal and my gyn said I have a cervical erosion which is nothing to worry about

Thread Information