Thread: had a bad night last night...2 small wines in the sun then palpitations all night :(

had a bad night last night...2 small wines in the sun then palpitations all night :(

I went for 2 cheeky glasses of wine in the sun to take my mind off my upcoming ECG on Tuesday.

However, in bed last night my heart was beating fast and I couldnt sleep and felt restless.

Do i have to quit alcohol? :( i enjoy a nice slow wine or pimms in the sun x

Re: had a bad night last night...2 small wines in the sun then palpitations all night

While you are anxious about your heart I would say yes. Alcohol does increase the heart rate and while this isn't harmful in itself if you only do it on occasion, it will make you worry more.

Re: had a bad night last night...2 small wines in the sun then palpitations all night

i used to have a glass a wine and more a night and never bothered me until recently :(

at least if my ecg is clear i can start my beta blockers again!

While I was suffering from anxiety my consumption of alcohol actually dropped because it made me feel worse for longer than it made me feel better. I have been on beta-blockers, atenolol, for years.

I've not drank much alcohol , but I remeber the mornings after when I used to drink , my heart palps would be very bad .
    Alcohol increases your heart rate. As does things like coffee.
    Try not to use alcohol every day or as a way to help you sleep.
    Maybe try a wine cooler instead or something less strong?

Hey Geishagirl, I had this too with wine, so I did give it up. It's something to do with the alcohol being broken down in the liver and glucose levels elevating our heartrate at night. Pretty freaky. I don't miss the drink anymore. Good luck with your tests.

Thread Information