Thread: does blood = NOT IBS or can it be hemorrhoids ? (TMI)

does blood = NOT IBS or can it be hemorrhoids ? (TMI)

hello,

if you had chronic diarrhea and were passing blood on and off with stomach discomfort and it was there intermittently over the duration, would it probably not be IBS and be IBD ?

(the blood usually comes at the end of the B.M. and can vary in amount from a small tea spoon size to about what looks like an egg cup of an amount although is not there every time, sometimes once visible in a 2 week period, other times for a few days in a row).

i've never hemmorrhoids before that result in blood in the toilet bowl, only on the toilet paper? just exactly how much blood can hemorrhoids produce; especially when you are not even straining?

thanks!

Re: does blood = NOT IBS or can it be hemorrhoids ? (TMI)

Mine cause a lot of blood to the point that it was literally dripping out of me and looked like an awful lot!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks for the reply!. was it internal ?, did your symptoms last for a long time ? (the same ones, or reoccurring)

also if you have them (on the inside) are they likely to bleed for the duration of a day, like if you keep knocking a cut on you hand ?

i get say one BM with a lot of blood, then the next one say an hour later can have none visible :/, would have thought that repetition of going to the toilet would cause more on that given day

never had an internal one before, always thought they were on the outside

reading up on them, it says that the internal ones don't cause discomfort, but when i poop blood i get usually worsened stomach ache (then usual)?

thanks for the info and sorry for the "20 questions" !

You need to see a doctor just to make sure it isn't serious. Hemorrhoids can cause a lot of bleeding and can be ob the inside as well but would not cause your stomach to ache.IBS would cause your stomach to ache and bleeding if you form ulcers on your bowel or ulcers in your stomach. I had them and took pro-biotics which helped tremendously but only after I made sure I had it checked out.

Hi, just saw this thread. I have an internal hemorrhoid, and it acts up sometimes without even straining. Actually first time it bled was six years ago, then did nothing for a long time until recently. My doctor says it can bleed for no reason really, sometimes straining but once it's there, it can just happen. I did not have constipation the most recent time it acted up. It could be you have iBS that just irritates the hemorrhoid, but to be sure you should go to the doctor. It was embarrassing, but quick and painless to go for me. Took my doc only a minute to know what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Mine cause a lot of blood to the point that it was literally dripping out of me and looked like an awful lot!
    I bought Restotab for treating haemorrhoid. I must say this is a remarkable product; however, I feel that the price is a bit high compared to the content per bottle.
    Last edited by peter123; 24-06-16 at 15:00. Reason: Problem in code

Hi!

I was going to post about the same thing, then saw yours!

Can I jump on your bandwagon?

I've been having what I'm told is IBS (alternating constipation/diarrhea) for years. As of last year, my stomach and tummy also make, very often, continuing gurgling noises, which may lead to me going to the loo. This morning, after a night of gurgling, I had a BM, and saw bloody mucus on the outside of the stool. Freaking out! Has this happened to anyone?

Also, not hungry at all, bloated, and gurgling still. Grateful for any insight!
    DT

Thread Information