Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scared to go to party tonight but have too

Unhappy scared to go to party tonight but have too

im social phobic and had it a good while now i usually avoid social gathering especially with people i dont no. My boyfriends sister recently got married i was invited (was a good day but wasnt comfortable) tonight shes invited us to her house to watch the wedding video along with her friends. I no this seems like nothing but i feel so sick right now and cant eat what can i do please help :(

Re: scared to go to party tonight but have too

Theres comes a point where instead of hiding the fact you have social phobia, you should just tell people. That actually shouldnt be that hard. Why put yourself through situations like this? You dont have to go. If people know, they'll then understand (well to a point), but they might not see you as "weird" because I guess thats what we all fear will happen by not turning up. Just ask your boyfriend to tell her thats why you're not there. You really wont have to fret ever again

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

More to the point, why the hell would anyone want to watch someone elses wedding video??!! Id rather poke needles in my eyes.

Probably dont use that excuse

yeah thats true if i dont go i would feel really guilty i never went to his little neices birthday party which i was invited too eather so feel i should make the effort this time. i no it wont be as bad as i imagine i just get myself into some states.

lols brownstone that is hillarious very ture

They are usually not as bad as you imagine, but like I say, if you get it out in the open that you are uncomfortable in certain social circumstances, no one should bat an eye-lid in future, and you can stop worrying about receiving invites and having to think of excuses, and/or worrying yourself sick about the event itself.

couple of glasses of vino before you go !

i wish dont have any wine in lol

Too many people on here talk of alcohol to ease anxiety, I know its meant in good faith but please do not go down this route. It will make you anxiety much worse in future, you will then feel that you need a drink before being able to cope with the situation and this is a slippery slope from there on.

Dont agree harvest mouse , i have had SA for about 25 years , ive tried all kinds of treatment and nothing has worked so far , had i not been able to have a few beers on occasions i would have done nothing ever , i would have sat indoors and worried about everything , im not saying everyday of course but if it helps to get you through a social event where others are drinking whats the harm , ive recently started on medication again and i must say the effects on my body and brain are far worse than the odd glass of wine .

How did it go xshelly ?

Hey shelley ths is excatly hw im feelin aswel,ive bin with my boyfriend 9mnths nust to meet hs family cause of my phobia,its a terrible feelin x

hi guys it went ok i suppose i was nervous all night had a few glasses of wine and just laughed a lot and sat there lol. there is always one loud mouth in the room that kept saying i was too quite i then replied he was too loud if only he new how hard SA is :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information