Thread: hi peeps!

Unhappy hi peeps!

Hey, my names sharn I'm 19 and I started suffering anxiety back when I was a kid. I also suffer depression(started during my first pregnancy(2010) and also recently got diag with O.C.D(intrusive thoughts)during my second pregnancy last september time.. I'm so down its un real I'm hoping for some support of people who are experiencing the same things, right here goes my latest obbessive (what I think it is) is that I got Alzheimers, I was sat with a friend last night when I said god, I'm always forgetting and she turned round at said it as a joke, well its triggered my anxiety and ocd! ..I'm going back and thinking about all the times I've forgot, like this one time I was in asda and I thought I was in a different store, also I muddle my words up.. And this morning I completely forgot what time I woke up and what I done until me partner started giving my hints :/ ..I hate this, I'm convinced I got it now! I've also been like this with cancer/thinking I don't love my kids/my partner, also had disturbing sexual thoughts and thoughts about my sexuality when none of it were true! I'm on 50mg of stertraline a day. Loads of people have said I'm being silly about the Alzheimers thing.. What u guys think?

Hi sharn93

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: hi peeps!

Hey Sharn, at 19 it would be so very incredibly rare to get alzheimers it's not even worth thinking about and you should forget about that worry(there is a pun in there I believe).

We all can be forgetful at times especially if we have mental issues such as depression and anxiety we deal with. The times I have put the tv remote in the fridge is just one absent minded thing I do and don't ask about my keys and wallet

You have your whole life ahead of you and it would be a shame to let these horrid thoughts interfere with it and get in the way of enjoying life. Perhaps a chat with your doctor about these feelings would be a good idea and see what he/she recommends?

Hope you feel better,

Steve

Re: hi peeps!

Hello ,welcome. Steve is right you are young and again having anxiety and depression and intrusive thoughts will make you forget for sure. I see you have two children in three years wow that is also a lot to take on on top of everything else. Has the doctor checked to make sure your hormones are not out of balance? Most of us women do get extra down after having our children and it can last a while. Try and get the doctor to help you with this, it is not serious but can make your OCD worse. Take care of you and then you can see to others .

Thread Information