Thread: any help or advice?:/

any help or advice?:/

I'm 19 and I started suffering anxiety back when I was a kid. I also suffer depression(started during my first pregnancy(2010) and the developed into postnatel depression.. also recently got diag with O.C.D(intrusive thoughts)during my second pregnancy last september time after some disturbing thoughts.. I'm so down its un real? I'm hoping for some support of people who are experiencing the same things, right here goes my latest obbession (what I think it is) is that I got Alzheimers, I was sat with a friend last night when "I said god, I'm always forgetting" and she turned round at said Alz as a joke, well its triggered my anxiety and ocd! ..I'm going back and thinking about all the times I've forgot stuff, like this one time I was in asda and I thought I was in a different store, also I muddle my words up.. And this morning I completely forgot what time I woke up and what I done until me partner started giving my hints :/ ..I hate this, I'm convinced I got it now! I find myself writing the wrong words and even saying simple easy questions in my head to see if I've forgotten them, I've also been like this with cancer/thinking I don't love my kids/my partner, also had disturbing sexual thoughts and thoughts about my sexuality when none of it were true! I'm on 50mg of stertraline a day. Loads of people have said I'm being silly about the Alzheimers thing.. What u guys think? Pleaseee reply, going crazy here :( x

Re: any help or advice?:/

I understand the worry there and that it's difficult to tell yourself not to worry. Think of it as more forgetfulness than anything else. I frequently walk into a room, forget what I was doing, walk back out, remember, go back in and forget again. I often freak myself out in one way or another and I have to tell myself that it won't matter if the condition/obsession of the moment that has gotten into my mind is real, I'll work through it.
    Think more on the things that you have remembered today or have done that means you can't have it.
    Friends and family often say the wrong things that set us off, they just don't think about it because they don't have the same fear as us.
    I hope this helps xxx

Thread Information