Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Magnesium and Anxiety

Re: Magnesium and Anxiety

I looked at the old thread months ago when I was trying to find out more about magnesium supplements. Many of my symptoms eg. Twitching and burning legs and feet, nausea etc etc seemed to fit in with mag. Deficiency and I was desperate to try anything. I did realise from my internet searches that magnesium supplementation was being strongly advised by people with a financial interest in it, either selling the mag. , or the books written about it.
    Nevertheless there were some good reccomendations and reviews for it, so I decided to give it a go. As I was advised by a very knowledgeable contributor to this forum, getting the correct form and dosage of supplement can be tricky.
    I went for magnesium citrate, but you have to check how much elemental magnesium you are getting per tablet , as the citrate forms part of the tablet. I also had Epsom salt baths 4 or 5 times a week. Added to this I used magnesium oil. This went on for about 5 months. I noticed no improvement at all. From what I,ve read, an improvement should have been noticed within a few weeks. Maybe I,m not deficient, maybe magnesium oil used cannot really be absorbed transdermally?
    I,m sure there is no ham in giving it a go tho, hopefully it will work for you. Just be careful if you use mag. Citrate , build it up slowly to avoid urgent toilet trips.
    Best wishes

As an added benefit for the ladies... my wife finds that a magnesium supplement (recommended by her doctor) helps with crampiness during Aunt Flo's monthly visit.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Idstain View Post
    Hi Manda,

i used citrate for the first few weeks and it gave me diarrhea which made me even worse! I was taking high doses however (1500mg per day), it's very unlikely to give you any trouble at lower doses.

If i were you i'd start off at say 100-150mg a day then work yourself up from there. As soon as you start getting loose stools you know you've hit your bowel tolerance and you just need to take a little less.

feel free to pm me if you want to talk about it more.
    Hi I am new to this forum what is a good dose of magnisum and vb12?

I also am battling anxiety and it greatly affects my concentration and my entire life. I think I will try magnesium supplements as they have been so highly praised. Can someone advise on the dose that works best.

Willing to try anything. Any more info on good dosage? I'm 5'3 in height and about 107 lbs.

I started with my anxiety4 years ago.. Magnesium oes help. I take magnesium Taurate. I like it because your body absorbs it more. Others just cause diarrhea. I take 125mg 3 times a day as bottle instructs. Good for your heart as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information