Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any one get told they are too quite or very quite

Re: any one get told they are too quite or very quite

I find I am quiet or as I say "reserved", I can sit in a room and not get involved in the conversations around me if the chat doesn't fit the way I feel.

Loud people dominate conversations and people laugh as I daren't say anything otherwise fear getting the pee taken out of thm or singled out, so the person goes on and on (pretty boring!). I wouldn't mind but these are th people that enjoy talking about themselves but never ask you a question about what you've been doing or make any effort to involve you in the conversation, very annoying so I keep contact to a minimum with these type of people. I respect those that respect your opininon and listen, if people are quiet I don't worry too much, sometimes people like to think inwardly and keep their toughts to themselves, I respect that.

I know I've gon on a bit, be who you are and not what everyone wants you to be. Part of getting over or dealing with SA is self acceptance.

All the Best

LK

I'm always told I'm too quiet, especially in work! But this is just who I am, I've always been a quiet person and if people don't like it then tough although saying that I'm quite loud in front of family and friends!

Too quiet, too loud..etc..

No-one is too anything. We are all simply ourselves. We are all different, and we are all far too quick to judge sometimes. I particularly resent being told I am too quiet (not these days, more as a kid). I like being quiet most of the time, but can be loud sometimes. I like listening to others, it interests me, and if that makes me quiet, then so be it. How can you be too quiet, surely its up to us how quiet we are..?

I have been told i am too quiet but i am a mellow type of person who enjoys relaxing things and tranquility and enjoying the beauty of simple things . xx

I hate it when people point out how I never talk. It just makes me hate talking even more. When I actually build up the courage to say something some idiot says " hey she actually talks " and I just close up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information