Thread: Just need to get over this last hurdle but how????

Just need to get over this last hurdle but how????

I'm almost recovered from panic/anxiety. Still got a bit of depression. The thing is although I am much better than what I was Ive still got an edge to me which I hate, keep thinking somethings going to happen which keeps me on my toes. Ive been doing so well but this is preventing me from a full recovery anyone got any suggestions or ideas to kick this in the butt once and for all please? xx

Re: Just need to get over this last hurdle but how????

I don't know how you ever get rid of that feeling.

Have you tried something like meditation? It is so much easier to do once you are feeling mostly recovered, and it should give you a bit of an opportunity to examine your thoughts in a constructive manner.

I found cycling to be very helpful for that sort of thing too. I used to work about five miles from home and got stressed by work so I started taking my bike to work on the train then changing into shorts & tshirt to cycle home. The ride was along the coast and took about 25 min which was really handy for shifting the stress.

Good luck with it.

i've found in the past that if that edge is gone then i don't feel much of anything iyswim. it's that edge that also makes you excited about good things and when i'm completely free of anxiety i also lose that excitement and just feel flat.
    the excercise idea is a very good one - it's such a good distraction from a case of the 'what if's'. i also find keeping busy helps but not so much that i get exhausted or that starts the cycle all over again. you've done really well to get this far!!!

i think if you still feel that, its because your not fully recovered. Also as sufferers, we are more self aware. We keep checking in to see how we feel, this is hard to stop. But we will always have a edge to it while we are doing that.
    Last edited by Stormsky; 29-05-12 at 21:19.

Hi,

Firstly, I'm so glad that you're finally on track with your recovery. I'm getting there too and understand totally how frustrating it can be "over coming the last hurdle."

A bit of experience from someone who's nineteen and has gone through a lot in their life personally and family related, the world will always be full of hurdles. Life is always full of obstacles and things are sent here to test us, as sufferers, we're always going to feel that little bit more obliged to worry, panic or be upset about situations but sometimes things go out of our control which are things that we need to deal with the best that we can.

I would like to say to you that the final hurdle is near for depression, which is most certainly is and all I can advise you is to keep on as you are and have been throughout your journey, before you know it you would have conquered it without even realizing.

I wish you all the best of luck,
    Becky

Thank you all for your replies. I must say I still dont really look forward to things yet, or have motivation or enthusiusum for things but Ive found over the past week I can play with my kids again and my DH and I took them the beach last week which I actually enjoyed I'm trying to take each day as it comes and this feeling of being on edge or uneasy feeling does lift throughout the day so I'm reasurring myself its nothing serious as does my DH. I'm just hoping that one day I can have a full day without feelng like that as it makes me sick and awful. When I'm feeling that way I must admit to thinking about it still and wondering when it will come back so I think subconciously I'm keeping it in my mind.

I will try the meditation thanks , Ive been meaning to do that for ages just havent got round to doing it. Heres to happy days for all of us. Thanks very much for your help xxx

Thread Information