Thread: Need some help.

Need some help.

Hi I was just wondering if anyone else suffers from social anxiety. When i am talking to someone it's hard to not think they are judging me. If anyone feels the same and has any coping strategies please share and help? I am getting sick and tired of it now and want to meet new friends and a possible future bf. But i feel this ruins my chances. thanks guys. xxx

p.s. i had posted this is the introduce yourself forum but i thought i would get more help here.

Re: Need some help.

I suffer from it, its very complex and everyone is different. CBT teaches you to think rationally, and dismiss thoughts about people judging you, it takes practice. Its hard because you have to force yourself to just do it, speak to people and try not to think about anything else.

Re: Need some help.

I suppose your right about everyone being different and everyone if different anyway. Yeah i have had cbt but it wasn't right for me as i didn't find it that useful. My psychologist now says cbt is probably not best for me and negative thoughts can sometimes be useful but instead of thinking "they are judging me" in my head when i talk to people i have to sing "they are judging me" in my head to the tune of a funny song like jingle bells. Also i have to say to myself "Is this thought helpful?" . I always force myself but i feel drained after talking to people at times. thanks for the advice though! xxx

Thread Information