Thread: My bedroom moved around whilst I was gone

My bedroom moved around whilst I was gone

I live in a house with two sisters, my mum and my dad and none of them understand what I'm going through.
    I came home today after three nights over my friend's house who understands what I need to have done and what I can and can't touch, do or see. I came back to find that my room had been moved around.
    I'm feeling stupid that it makes me cry when everything has been moved and touched and put in different places. I'm often terrified in my own room as it is, not being able to touch certain items without washing my hands three times afterwards, maybe more. They put things under my bed.
    Everything in my room has its place, but they moved it around.
    Is it stupid that I'm crying and shaking? That I don't think I can sleep in my own bed tonight?
    I feel so ridiculous for panicking and freaking so much. What can I do?
    Thank you x

Re: My bedroom moved around whilst I was gone

Your place is your place and your things are your things of course what you are feeling is not stupid. I would feel that way and I do not have OCD. It doesn't get you anywhere to blame people for not understanding what you have, some people never get it and if they do not make the effort to try then it is there loss for not learning. You can try and find ways to cope with your room but if you cannot than move it back. I know it causes you tremendous anxiety but see if you can tell yourself your doing it for you and when you wash your hands do not criticize yourself for needing to just do it because that is who you are right now. Gentle hugs from a little ways off.

Thread Information