Thread: Going back into the stress (new job)

Going back into the stress (new job)

Hi all,

Just been given a great oppurtunity to take on a high position in the company I am with. It's really good news and its come from nowhere, my only worry is the stress I went through in my last management job will return. I ended up packin in that job for that reason (as well as SAD) and took a lower paid job with company I am with, with less responsibility, this has been ok but felt like I was underacheiving, when this chance came I thought at last I am capable of better things. I just need to concentrate on my stress and what triggers it and put it in its place.

I spoke with a colleague today and he put a dampener on the position, outlining it is a lonely job and I need to be more assertive, I know he means well but I've took a back step for the last two years to blend into the background and concentrate on my life outside of work, so assertiveness has not been my main goal so I have been pretty quiet, which some people at work think I am being funny so don't make any effort to talk. I think I am just guarded by keeping people at a distance and collecting my salary. Less involvement = less hassle.

I am going to be really involved in this position and I am leapfrogging quite alot of people to get there, I just see this as a compliment, I have good training and good qualities which I have played down to stepout of the lime light, why should I let my family go without to give me an easy life.

A happy lion will return, when I am happy I feel I can tackle anything and nobody bothers me. I am still on Citalopram as I have for the last 4 years, and I will tackle withdrawal at a later date.

Well onwards and upwards, I have another little boy on the way in August so life is looking up.

Re: Going back into the stress (new job)

Wow! Congratulations on your new promotion!! You should be really proud of yourself and congratulations on your pregnancy too.

It is hard to go in to something without having the dreaded thought of "will my stress and anxiety return" - it is absolutely normal to feel like that after having a bad spell of it but I would see this opportunity as a fresh start and time to start again on a job that you know you will be good at.

Congratulations!!!

Thank you very much, its just a matter of getting my head around it. Its a golden oppurtunity and its nice having a laid back job at the minute but I have a family to support and the money would be nice.

My wife is due at the end of August, she looks like she's pinched a beachball and stuffed it up her top!

Good times

Not sure its the job for me, it's far too intense!

I will give it a go but if I'm not happy I'm giving back word!

Feel like I'm going from 20% involvement at work to 100% in a short space of time, Got my first meeting in the morning, feeling anxious!!

Thread Information