Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: need some help on diazepam.

need some help on diazepam.

hi thanks for taking the time to read.
    doc has gave me 2mg of diazepam. but im so scared of takin it i do not take any tab or even drink. i have had anxiety for about 6years i have been able to hold it back but the last few weeks have been bad n i cant hold them no more. i cant even leave my house nomore. what im gettin at is i cant bring my self to take this dam tab i feel dum about it so plz dnt judge. how do they make u feel? will they hurt me? will i still feel myself? do they take away the symptoms? do they help?... just worryed i guess but want my life back. i just have read alot of bad stuff about these.
    thanks all 4 readin

Re: need some help on diazepam.

Hi

I am too like you, I get more anxious at the thought of taking ANYTHING. However, in the new year I had my worst anxiety & panics ever & they just wouldn't go. The doctor prescribed me about 12 diazepam at 10mg. As I was so desperate I took them. Obviously 10mg is much stronger than you have & they did help, but made me very sleepy. I know they don't get prescribed for long periods as they are addictive and I can see why as they just basically 'chill' you out, but I took all of mine when needed and didn't need anymore.
    Honestly, to put your mind at ease, I truly am one of the worst at taking pills but these were fine. Prob because I was feeling so bad anyway, I didn't have much to lose, but they helped me at lot.
    Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

Sorry, can I just add that as I finished the diazepam I was then put onto other anti depressants which I am now coming off of. I surprised myself that I took those too as I've put taking anything off for years! So just wanted to say that diazepam are not a long term solution but will help you 'get a grip' on things if you know what I mean.

thanks saffycat.. i just wish i could take it lol.. just that WHAT IF WORD LOL.

thay work- if your worrying just take half of one
    god bless

yeah was think that but still scared i have not feelin myself if u no what i mean. ps i ant worryed about taken half or full just the hold thought about taken a tab

I totally understand and the prob is, as you are so anxious about taking them you might end up feeling more stressed if you take it. That's me! It was only because it wasn't just bad anxiety at the time for me, I was having one panic attack after the other and basically couldn't function even to take my boys to school which I'd never had a problem with before, so that's the only reason I was able to take them as I really couldn't feel any worse. So, you know no one can talk you into taking something when you feel so unsure of it, I'm the same. Whenever I've tried to take anything before I've managed to just work myself up to feeling worse than I was before....oh it's so bad isn't it? We have to laugh at ourselves otherwise I'd drive myself bonkers!
    You know what? Previously when I've been prescribed anti depressants and not been able to take them, I've then started to feel a bit stronger as if I think well if I'm not going to take anything, I've got to do it myself!
    It was only as I described above made me take something this time round.
    You will know when you need to take them, but as I can't even take codeine & other strong painkillers & I managed to take the diazepam and actually feel calm on them says something. Wow, sorry I've gone on....
    Good luck, whatever you do!

Hi, i had the same worries, especially as i suffer from depersonalisation which is awful. I can honestly say i had no problems with them and they worked for me. I only took them as a short term remedy, though. Hope this helps and good luck with whatever decision you make.

yes i get alot more anxious about taken them to the point a have a attack is sucks. i no i need them. i hate beenin stuck at home all the time

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

n one more thing if they work as good as people say they do n when they stop me as im only on them for 2weeks i no i will go back to the hole im in now

Quote Originally Posted by josh1987 View Post
    when they stop me as im only on them for 2weeks i no i will go back to the hole im in now
    That is why getting over your fears should be a multi-prong approach using primarily anti-anxiety meds and talk therapy.

The Diazapam is is for short term relief of extreme anxiety. It just gives your frazzled brain a rest for a few hours. You will still have the problems worrying you after the Diazapam wears off so they need to be addressed in other ways.

I'm not certain on this point but just by doing the two week course of Diazapam may on it's own help you by allowing your brain to heal by breaking the cycle of worry?

I do know though that using Diazapam as a supplementary helper while primarily using SSRI's and CBT to treat the cause of my problems has worked well for me.

Steve

yeah i no what u mean. n the doc's ant pullin me on any anti depressants

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information