Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: need some help on diazepam.

Re: need some help on diazepam.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1987 View Post
    will it get me me of this house?
    It will help you to be comfortable to take that first step outside after a day or two I am sure, yes.

need help again. y the hell m i so scared to take this? its doin my head in.

Josh

2mg is a very small dose. I get them in packs of 14 from my GP and use them on bad days. They help me a lot, with no bad side effects at all.

One tablet of 2mg will not cause any bad things for you. It is far too little to cause addiction, for example - you have to take much higher doses day after day for that to happen.

Here is what happens when you take 2mg (and I should know - I use them about once a week):
    For the first 15 minutes: nothing at all.
    For the next half hour: your worries subside and fade to the back of your mind. You feel more relaxed, though not sleepy.
    For the next 24 hours: you are less anxious and more able to cope with everyday living.

And that's it. After around 24 hours the drug is eliminated from your body and its (quite small) effect subsides. There are no after-effects.

All the best - Jono.

Jono is right Josh . I found 2mg did nothing for me thou .Try half a tab and see how it goes ,cut with sharp knife or stanley blade for accuracy ..It will be fine .just do it ...Sue x

Quote Originally Posted by JonoClouds View Post
    Josh

2mg is a very small dose. I get them in packs of 14 from my GP and use them on bad days. They help me a lot, with no bad side effects at all.

One tablet of 2mg will not cause any bad things for you. It is far too little to cause addiction, for example - you have to take much higher doses day after day for that to happen.

Here is what happens when you take 2mg (and I should know - I use them about once a week):
    For the first 15 minutes: nothing at all.
    For the next half hour: your worries subside and fade to the back of your mind. You feel more relaxed, though not sleepy.
    For the next 24 hours: you are less anxious and more able to cope with everyday living.

And that's it. After around 24 hours the drug is eliminated from your body and its (quite small) effect subsides. There are no after-effects.

All the best - Jono.
    Well explained Jono - this is exactly what its like for me too. I've taken about 20 2mg tablets in the past 4 months and they don't effect me dramatically but just take the edge off the panic and anxiety.
    Josh -like most people who have posted on this thread, I don't like taking meds, I am sensitive and get alot of side effects from antidepressants but Diazepam is safe, mild and the effects wear off - you will stay in control and be aware of what you're doing/saying but just more relaxed. If the panic is bad now - take between 2-5mg, settle down in front of the TV or with your lap top and in an hours time you'll feel so much better x

thanks so much.... i guess the main worry is that i have had diazepam b4 n im not sure if i have a allergic reaction to them or i took to much at once.

Hi Josh, how are things? I find diazapam a live saver at times of bad anxiety. I take 5mg. 2mg is very low.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information