Thread: Anyone feel like this when going out?

Anyone feel like this when going out?

I have suffered with anxiety, panic attacks and palpitations now for 10 years, has only got worse over the last 3-4 years. Panic attacks and palpitations I can deal with but the anxiety can ruin day to day life.
    I feel comfortable at home and places I am familiar with, friends and familys houses. When I go somewhere like the pub for an evening out with friends I cannot relax all night, I feel anxious, uncomfortable, get palpitations and cant relax and it ruins the night and I go home early.
    I have good days and bad days, I can walk up the shop or going shopping but being in a busy place, a pub, shopping center etc I cant deal with it, its on my mind all the time. Anyone else feel like this and how do you deal with it?
    I just hate feeling anxious and worrying when I'm trying to enjoy myself. I just cant seem to let go and not think or worry about it.

Re: Anyone feel like this when going out?

I used to feel the same years ago...but i wouldnt let it ruin my life, and you have to ask yourself what is it your afraid of? its the fears that stop you from going out to these places....
    Anxiety is fear based, so maybe your afraid of fainting, or making a fool of yourself, or having hysterics???
    You have to lose the fears you associate with going out, or you wont conquer it...
    say 'ok so what if i pass out, so what if i start screaming'.... once you dont care, you lose the fears.... its what i did, and can go anywhere now, and have for years...

Thread Information