Thread: what is this

what is this

Hi why why do i get this coming back a back about harming people, could last for at least 2wks of thinking gonna loose control which i never do, but always feels like i was nearly close that time.....But then it will go but still get thoughts but not the worry with it, then could go a few months without it then ...here we go again, this mane worry has lasted about 9yrs just wont go away. In its anxiety because i,ve had for 26yrs-i,m 36. i fear the worry and dred etc. but why does it come and go...when it goes i no its stupid, but when in worry i feel like i was nearly close to loosing it or hitting some1....thanks please feedback....brian

Re: what is this

Hi,
    I used to get thoughts of harming people too but there is a world of difference between thinking something and doing it. You may not be able to control your thoughts but you can control your actions. I never did harm anyone and now these thoughts have faded. I wish you all the best.

Baggs.

Hi,
    This worry seems to fade away then come back like now but i cant stop feeling or beleiving that i might lash out or loose control even tho i,ve never done this, just feels like it when the anxiety hits you. i just dont understand why when it goes thoughts will always come in but i just brush them away, but when i,m in this state its hard to beleive you might just do it or if your thinking it just do it. thanks for your reply.
    brian

Heya
    I've often felt like lashing out at people, mostly when I'm particularly struggling with the OCD that's taking up my thoughts and they just don't know. I often feel like I'm going to leap forwards and tear their throats out with my teeth. At the time it feels like a satisfactory thought, but when I consider it later, it seems repulsive. I'm no Twihard The best you can do is to satisfy yourself with the thought that you never have. Keep remembering that. You're not a bad person for thinking these things. You can control yourself and that's important. Never think that you're being stupid, I often think that I'm just being silly about my OCD, that's all just made up. If it effects you this strongly, it's not silly. Trust yourself
    You can make it through
    Rosie x

Hi thanks for reply,
    It,s like i,m at work tonight 12hr shift and i,m thinking i,ll be worrying all night thinking i was nearly close then, go on just do it, why are you not doing it...thoughts urges.... As you can imagine its very tiring this is my 3rd shift. This worry comes and goes i think i did a full yr without being this bad. i used to get very bad thoughts towards my daughter which devastated me but obviosly i never acted out...but why cant my brain me beleive the commen sense voice in my head rather than dwn side. thanks again rosie......brian

Thread Information