Thread: Would a ultrasound when your pregnant show ovaian cancer

Would a ultrasound when your pregnant show ovaian cancer

I am so scared of cancer. i had a stillbirth four months ago at full term it was a cord accident. I have always kind of had period problems but since I had the baby I only had one period and I havent been ovulating because I have been doing the ovulation testing so we can try to have another baby. I am so scared its like a ovaian cancer or uterine cancer or something. I developed health anxiety after my baby died and i am going crazy thinking everything or pain I have is cancer. I also had tons of blood work done a ct scan all kinds of tests because I thought I had breast cancer. Now this. Plus I am 34 and I am getting old so I wanted to get pregnant soon but it doesnt look good. Does anyone honastly think this sounds like ovarian cancer? Please be honast.

Re: Would a ultrasound when your pregnant show ovaian cancer

So sorry to hear about your loss, you have been through an awful experience so its no wonder you are feeling the way you are. Your hormones are likely to be all of the place also.

I know the fear of gynae cancers as this has been major issue for me for few years and I have had (still have!) so many period problems for past 3 years. I am 37 and also want to be pregnant - albeit 2nd child so I know how that feels.

I would say without doubt your problems are due to your still birth - your body could take a long time to heal from such a thing. No periods also isn't really a sign of ovarian or uterine cancer - both of which are pretty rare anyway (wish I could have taken my advice before I have wasted too much time on worrying over these things!).

Also the ultrasound you had is exactly the first method they use to check for ovarian and uterine so if there was any issues they would have seen them.

I would recommend you see your GP - not because you are ill - you aren't, but so they can reassure you and advise how long it will likely be for you to start ovulating again and maybe some counselling if you need it.

The fact that you got pregnant before shows that your body is able to do so - a little more time to recover and I am sure you will get there again when your body is ready.

Good luck and take care x

my mums friend had ovarian cancer and it doesnt sound like ne thing u have. i also had ultrasounds for cysts so i agree with pp that it would have prob been picked up,
    maybe ur periods havent returned because ur so stressed out..... Im really sorry for ur loss and think you should have a little chat with ur nurse or gp to help ease ur worries before u try again... XXXX

I went to the doctors today and he checked my pelvic area its almost pain on the bone on my vagina . (to much info sorry) on the right side. its weard I have pain on my right side only, my right breast, right hip right pelvic bone. Anyways he said that the gland is swollen and he booked me in for an ultrasound. I am so worried I have some kind of cancer. I even have this weard rash on my tummy its like small red bumps but there not itchy! I am so exhausted with trying just to get better that I am almost giving up. I am falling apart. has anyone else had this? or something like it?

It could be a cyst or fibroid but best to get it checked out.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information