Thread: Help me please

Help me please

Hey I'm f
    I'm 19 year old male and had hocd in past! This was a real problem for me but through celexa and cbt and time I have overcome a lot of these problems!
    My problem now is with my relationship! At first I overanalyzed my gf and questioned whether I loved her or not! I think this may have come from my hocd! However now I feel like I don't feel that love for her which is distressing! I don't want this! I can get very distressed at this! I used to look at pictures of her to see if I could feel any emotion! I try not to do this but it just feels like a loss of love! What's going on? I've heard of rocd or am I falling out of love?
    I'm scared and want to feel again! Pls help!

Re: Help me please

Hey F, I think you are most likey over analizing this and trying to force feelings which just wont happen when your body is over sensitized. I used to do this about my husband and when i stopped the overanalyzing and ignored it i found over time my normal feelings returned and i knew what was real and what wasnt.

When your body is in the over sensitized state its hard to rationalise any feelings.

Hope this helps x

Re: Help me please

Bear in mind that you feelings could possibly be totally unrelated to your OCD. I was on Celexa (Ciprimil/Citalopram) for two years and found the most prominent side effect to be that of not feeling the same degree of emotion towards people I cared deeply for. This affected my feelings of love, passion, sympathy, empathy and sadness and stopped my ability to even cry. It is a common side effect if I remember correctly to have Celexa make you feel sometimes nothing towards those you had feelings for perviously. It also affects libido and is the most common cause for men to stop taking them.

Thread Information