Thread: Think I've annoyed my friend !!

Unhappy Think I've annoyed my friend !!

After getting thru a very tough day out at the theatre yesterday with family (which included numerous minor panics). Was texting a friend this morning about my terrifying day yesterday (who knows my anxiety / social / eating out phobia - but not about now possible agoraphobia) & she asked if I wanted to go to a quiet country pub / restaurant not far from me tonight - so I said let's give it a go (have been there before with reluctance & with a bit of wine dutch courage beforehand)

We started talking times & she said can meet you the at 7pm - I got anxious feelings about going there by myself to meet her so I texted back that i was anxious & asked her if she could pick me up so I could have dutch courage beforehand & we go together.

She texted back that I was miles away from the pub (am just 5 mins away) don't know whether she was joking or serious at the time) so I texted back that I would give her petrol money.

About 3 hours after that she texted back that to be honest she wouldn't mind leaving it as she had thumping headache & would call me over the weekend.

I replied okay no problem was sorry I was hard work (which we've joked about before) & wish I could click my fingers & be how i was when we used to go out and that she felt better soon

I've known her for over 20 plus years & she always includes me on big nights out with the girls (restaurant followed by pubs followed by nightclubs) who I used to go out with in my early twenties even though she knows that on the night I will back out.

I think she's really annoyed with me after todays texts & now feel really guilty, a rotten friend & low

Re: Think I've annoyed my friend !!

First of all congratulate yourself on managing so well with the Theatre trip, sounds like you done brilliantly Secondly, I do think we have a tendency to be so hard on ourselves, and 'over-think' everything. I know I am often guilty of this. I'm sure your friend really isn't annoyed with you...why would she be? Maybe give her a text to see how she is feeling a bit later. She may well have been having a joke with you as well as feeling rough. Perhaps she left it a while to see if her headache passed. I'm sure your anxiety is just playing tricks on you and you are worrying unnecessarily about nothing. Take care. Kitti

Re: Think I've annoyed my friend !!

Hello Smiffy, I feel your friend will understand and not be as angry as you think.
    You have known her for such a long time she will be fine about it
    And knows you have different issues. Just be honest about how you
    Felt and you will be fine. xxx

Thread Information