Thread: Am I on the right Sertraline Dose? Please help!!

Am I on the right Sertraline Dose? Please help!!

Hi,

I have recently been put on Sertraline by my doctor for social anxiety. He told me to start at 50mg a day for 2 weeks and then go up to 100mg a day thereafter. I started the 50mg a day, felt really rough the first week but by the end of the second week I was feeling brilliant, nearly back to my old self. As my doctor told me to increase to 100mg after the second week, and I was still experiencing some anxiety, I did this thinking that it could only get better. Unfortunately, since I have been taking the increased dosage my anxiety has returned and I am feeling bad again. I am now on day 10 of the increased dose with no improvement. I was wondering if I just need to give it a chance to kick in or should I reduce the dose back to 50mg? Its particularly annoying because I was feeling so good by the end of the second week and now I'm not again. Please help, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Re: Am I on the right Sertraline Dose? Please help!!

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I am weening myself of sertraline at the moment but have been on them for about a year. i found that any change in dose either up or down does cause a period anxiety a week or so until the body gets used to the new dose level. try and carry on with what your Dr has told you. message me if you need any help

Thread Information