Thread: Long term problem with spotting, now more painful and bladder problems. Worried.

Long term problem with spotting, now more painful and bladder problems. Worried.

Hi, I have a uri/obgyn issue. It is a longstanding problem which has gotten worse. I am a 39 year old female with one son. I don't smoke or drink but am quite overweight. In August of 2011 I began having spotting between periods. After still having the issue every month, I began to experience bad cramping with it at the same time for days.

At the start of this year I saw my gp who referred me to a obgyn. It took some time to get the appointment (UK, NHS). About a month before the appointment I started having bladder pain and continual incontinence. I had some incontinence before since the birth of my son 6 years ago, but it was minor and only now and again. The obgyn found growth on my cervix, took a biopsy and then made an appointment to freeze the growth off and for me to have a ultrasound scan at a later date as he wasn't too worried.

Before the next appointment I began having worse cramping, constant naseua as though pregnant, and bloating, though the incontinence did improve. After my appointment for the bladder freezing, I have since had continued incontinence and a painful bladder, along with the naseua still and pains. I recently saw the nurse as my bladder became quite bad and she put me on cefadoxil. I finished the meds but still had pain.

I saw the doctor again about this and she did not seem concerned as she tested my urine and saw nothing. Now I am spotting again before my period and still have bladder pain. I am worried, as to if I could have something very serious and that waiting until my ultrasound scan later this month may be a bit too long. Of course terrible thoughts occur to me, cancer being my biggest fear. I am hoping for some further advice on how to proceed, if to proceed, or to worry. Thank you for all your help.
    Last edited by Penny73; 03-06-12 at 01:47.

Re: Long term problem with spotting, now more painful and bladder problems. Worried.

If you feel that it is something of big concern i suggest pushing for something to be done. I mean you have a young son and he will need you in future aspects of his life. So do it for him, get it seen to. Go to your gp and tell him your very worried and would like some further tests done sooner. It is always better to know for sure than wait until it is too late. Time is precious.

Re: Long term problem with spotting, now more painful and bladder problems. Worried.

If it was cancer they wouldve found traces of blood in your urine to be concerned enough when they did the urine test on you.

If they do find traces of blood then they take it onto further testing. I wouldnt be worried whether it was cancer.

Other than that I wouldnt really know where the pain would be coming from but if you want to ease the pain there are drinks such as ural sachets and crancleanse, depending what you have where you are.

I have a mild overactive bladder verging on incontinence but not quite there. I had mild pain sometimes but not always there and th pain is different to that of a bladder infection as it is not as painful. My GP put me on oxybutynin and made a huge difference and my bladder acts normally now.

Anyway Im sorry Im not much help but maybe those are options you can try. And remember not to worry about anything serious aye because doctors can pick it up usually in a urine test.

Thread Information