Thread: glad to be home

glad to be home

i went away on firday just came back today so glad i am home again so i can just hide my anxiety was so bad there i was trying my best to cope but couldnt my birthday was yesterday i tryed to enjoy it the best i could i went to butlins minehead i swear people could tell i feel that this is ruining my life and i hate it

Re: glad to be home

but you did it though be proud hun its not easy being brave is it

no its not easy i.m proud i did it got to try to learn to handle crowds again but at this rate i feel like there is no hope of me getting any better i just feel like its winning lol

I felt exactly the same way last Thursday going to the theatre in London for my 40th birthday - Ive been told the thing to remember is that I made it through the day - and you made it through which is a great achievement.

I had many minor anxiety attacks during my day out & like you at the time felt that everyone could tell but my family assured me that they couldn't tell if I hadn't told them I panicked many times during the day

It will take time to overcome the anxiety (have you spoken to your doctor or tried CBT) I think you did amazing going away for a weekend - I am nowhere near that stage & admire you for getting through it

I'm a long term agoraphobic / social phobic and for years & years have just given into anxiety & panic attacks but recently decided i need to conquer this & get my life back have started on citalopram (meds aren't for everyone) and been referred for CBT

Don't give up you are doing great take each day as it comes & Happy Bithday for yesterday

Well done for getting through it Gem,

You should be very proud of yourself, you have taken a big step towards independence, don't look back, carry on!!!!

The paranoia thing, I get that too, when out in public, but am told that people are only interested in their own lives, so don't worry too much.

BobbyDog

i havent tryed cbt my family dont really understand i hardly ever leave the house much i mostly stay in as when i.m out i feel like i.m being judged and stared at but my sister booked that break to take me away for my birthday i also found it very hard just walking around but i did it just hope oneday i can beat this and become my old self again

Hi Gem7

You could maybe consider making an appointment with your GP to discuss your anxieties and ask about cbt.
    If you do see a cbt therapist they may have leaflets for your family to read, or get them to look on the nmp website.

Good luck

I think maybe Mr Spock had the right idea that human emotions have many flaws and are very unpredictable Live Long & Prosper

Diagnosed With Following Under Mental Health

Severe Depression
    Generalised Anxiety Disorder
    Panic Disorder
    Borderline Personality Disorder
    Agoraphobia

Physical Health Diagnosis's

Type 2 Diabetes
    Blood Clotting Disorder
    Lymphoedema
    Asthma
    Sleep Apnoea

thanks for the advice if i asked about cbt i heard there is a waiting list for that tho is that right i think if u gave my family a leaflet they still wouldnt understand lol

My family didn't know the full extent of my long term anxiety / social phobia & agoraphobia until very recently (last week) my mum would always say everyone gets butterflies !! And I think my sister & dad never really concerned themselves with it as they probably thought the same as my mum.

I explained to them that it's much more than butterflies it's terrifying & explained how i felt in detail when i have an anxiety/ panic attack. like you apart from work i stay at home on the very rare occasion when I do manage to go out majority of the time I can't eat or drink anything because of the fear & I was totally blown away how supportive & understanding they were.

My doctor has referred me to an organisation called talking therapy in Berkshire - got my first session by phone on monday - don't know where you are in the uk maybe there is similar in your area - or there is an online CBT course on this site at a reasonable price.

I believe we can beat / overcome this & be as we used to be - will be long journey but it will be worth it

Thread Information